Thai Army On Alert After Cambodian Clash

george

Thai army on alert after Cambodian clash

BANGKOK: -- The Thai army forces on the country's eastern border have been put on red alert after a clash between Cambodian soldiers and protestors earlier this week, which resulted in several deaths.

The eastern Thai army, dubbed the Burapha unit, are prepared to deal with any eventuality, the Commanding General of the First Army Area Command, Lt. Gen. Paisal Katanyu, told reporters.

“What happens in Cambodia is an internal affair. But we are prepared to deal with any possible spill-over if Cambodians flee across the border into Thailand for shelter,” he said.

The Thai government will provide humanitarian assistance to those in the border camps

The situation should return to normal soon, he said.

He also noted that the army is now prepared for the new national military draft on 1 April and would make sure it is transparent and free of corruption.

Every year many parents who do not want their sons to be drafted into the armed forces, are deceived by rogues who claimed that they can get their sons exempted from service and pay them huge amounts of money.

The army authorities are ready to hear any complaints and are keen to prevent this kind of fraud, he said.

--TNA 2005-03-23

The army authorities are ready to hear any complaints and are keen to prevent this kind of fraud, he said.

--TNA 2005-03-23

I would have preferred him to say "prevent ANY kind of fraud"

The way it reads there are some types of fraud he is not keen to prevent.

He also noted that the army is now prepared for the new national military draft on 1 April and would make sure it is transparent and free of corruption.

:o

Just peed in my pants once more....

Should start wearing my daughter's diapers when i read the news...

:D