No Western Tourist Police Volunteers Now In Pattaya?

gemdealers

I was out in Walking street last night and noticed that although the Thai Hobby Bobbies were out and about there were no Westerners.

Has that show Big Trouble in Tourist Thailand caused them some problems??

I think for what it is worth that having Westerners as a buffer to the Thai Police is a sensible idea but if the volunteers then decide to be De Facto Police and put people into the corrupt, racist and barbaric legal system here then that is deplorable.

I would like to know what the current situation is with this Hobby Bobby program that the Thais are doing.

Edited by gemdealers

I was on duty last night from 9pm till 2.30am. We had 4 foreigners on duty and have suffered no problems with regards to the program

Hello Howard,

As usual in Pattaya there was a little rumour floating about that you have/will be leaving LOS,due to the documentary that you were involved with.No doubt the rumour has no foundation.

Keep up the good work

I believe I said this on an earlier Thread.

If the main reason these people are appointed is to act as Liaisons between Tourists and the local Thai Police, a clear pre-requisite should be that they are at least competent in the Thai language – not necessarily fluent, just able to communicate and translate accurately between their own native language and Thai.

How many of these people can claim that?

Patrick

^most I would expect, and they have years of a good working relationship with their thai counterparts. :)

in other words you don't actually know.

you are making very positive posts but nothing factual

do you have an interest to declare

HM bodyguard speaks fluent thai and a martial arts expert,but seems a very strange guy

hm

the bodyguard bit was a joke but he does tend to be with you most of the time lol.just good friends.

hm

sorry mate i meant neils colov,when i said bodyguard,not even mao too

Just my observations and noting the dialogue between their thai counterparts. They didnt have any problem with communication. :)

I assume you mean "between them and their Thai counterparts"?

Which simply brings us back to my orginal point : do the Farang "volunteers" communicate with their Thai "counterparts"in English - or Thai?

Patrick

wouldn't Howard or Niels time be better spent explaining to their readers why an independent police complaint authority is needed in Thailand whilst exposing police corruption? or is that a bit scary for the men in black?

Edited by dee123

wouldn't Howard or Niels time be better spent explaining to their readers why an independent police complaint authority is needed in Thailand whilst exposing police corruption? or is that a bit scary for the men in black?

Now that is a great idea, but it would never work here in Thailand unfortunately because of the massive problem with the "C" word

No interest apart from my observations of their work over the years and the good work that they do. :)

Actually you were a "volunteer" in another area of operations, weren't you?

There are some good volunteers in many walks of life including the police service but there are also those on ego trips.

Perhaps a condition on acceptance could be that volunteers need to accept that they are serving their community. Some would accept that - they are doing good work for their community. Some would fail. From the evidence on camera and on the threads Howard would be on the top of the fail list.

But I emphasise again some are doing a good job. Again look at what's on camera and teh way other volunteers can come across professionally. You should align themselves with them if you also have that concept of service rather than support a failure so effusively.

I believe I said this on an earlier Thread.

If the main reason these people are appointed is to act as Liaisons between Tourists and the local Thai Police, a clear pre-requisite should be that they are at least competent in the Thai language – not necessarily fluent, just able to communicate and translate accurately between their own native language and Thai.

How many of these people can claim that?

Patrick

the driver (moves hands in steering wheel motion) tee-nai ?

lol