Excavators (backhoes)

finner

Bought an mini excavator last year to have some fun at the farm but now need to get some spare parts (pins, bushings, filters). Most parts can be made or swapped with other excavator types (mine is a Yanmar and I can access used common Komatsu parts) but some things have to be purchased new. I've been told "Go to Rangsit" by Thai workers but they don't know where it is either. Anybody have any suppliers for bearings, filters, hydraulic repair parts etc? I'm in the Chonburi area but will drive anywhere in the darn country..........

Thy're right - "go Rangsit" - drive down the side road (i.e. not on the top or bottom motorway - on the side rod that runs along side all the shops): starting just past Rangsit shopping centre heading towards Bkk (i.e. towards the old international airport) you will find a whole area section along the side of the side road that is given over to one hydraulic dealer after the other ........ must be 20 - 30 of them all next to one another (and going back from the side road about ablock or so) - selling just about every part you will need for a back hoe/hydraulic crane/crawler/bulldozer Hiab ... ect ect ............

Thanks for the info. Guess I'm off to Rangsit (gulp). Hate driving in BKK but can't find anything in Samut Prakhan on the south side so will try the north side. Maybe Saturday when the traffic isn't so bad. I'll keep you updated.

Lately I've seen dozens of mini-excavators working on road projects with the JSSR stickers still on them and think that the owners are just running them till they die. Spare parts, new or used, are VERY hard to source and I think there is a huge opportunity for someone wanting to get into the biz........

OK, just back from Highway 1 running north out of Bangkok, commonly known as Rangsit, and I'll bet I just scratched the surface because I didn't go on any sideroads. All kinds of heavy equipment between approximately KM 32 to 52. Lots of very helpful salespeople and some even spoke English. I speak enough Thai to get by so it was OK.

I was able to buy exactly what I wanted, new bucket pins(2) and bushings(4) seals(8), and shims(8) for B2300 from the Komatsu dealer, KM 49.3. (By the way, my excavator is a Yanmar B50). They sell all new undercarriage parts, sprockets (stir), steel track chain (soe), steel grousers, or the complete track if you want, rollers (loller), idler wheels and idler springs, all kinds of pins and bushings, filters. Just about everything that wears out. I was amazed!!

A lot of the dealers were removing rubber tracks from used machines and replacing them with steel track. They then would sell the old rubber track, very hard to find in Thailand.

Also a big Yanmar tractor dealer at KM 50 who has many other used models, Kubota, Hinomoto, Iseki along with a yard full of used rotarys and tillers. Funny thing though, he didn't have any used Yanmar tractors, only new ones. Only problem was, I went there Saturday and they were closed. Since I have a Yanmar 2610 and a Hinomoto E202, used from Japan, I'll be going there again for parts during the week.

You guys that steered me to Rangsit, I am forever grateful.

BTW, on the way home I found a shortcut that avoids all Bangkok traffic if you come from the east, up Hwy 1 to the new Outer Ring Road (Hwy 9) at KM 54.

• 2 weeks later...
Bought an mini excavator last year to have some fun at the farm but now need to get some spare parts (pins, bushings, filters). Most parts can be made or swapped with other excavator types (mine is a Yanmar and I can access used common Komatsu parts) but some things have to be purchased new. I've been told "Go to Rangsit" by Thai workers but they don't know where it is either. Anybody have any suppliers for bearings, filters, hydraulic repair parts etc? I'm in the Chonburi area but will drive anywhere in the darn country..........

For hydraulic seals you can contact me, we are a seal company, not so strong on the standard seal kits but my people know where to get them. The bearings shouldn't be a problem. For filters I am not sure.

OK, just back from Highway 1 running north out of Bangkok, commonly known as Rangsit, and I'll bet I just scratched the surface because I didn't go on any sideroads. All kinds of heavy equipment between approximately KM 32 to 52. Lots of very helpful salespeople and some even spoke English. I speak enough Thai to get by so it was OK.

I was able to buy exactly what I wanted, new bucket pins(2) and bushings(4) seals(8), and shims(8) for B2300 from the Komatsu dealer, KM 49.3. (By the way, my excavator is a Yanmar B50). They sell all new undercarriage parts, sprockets (stir), steel track chain (soe), steel grousers, or the complete track if you want, rollers (loller), idler wheels and idler springs, all kinds of pins and bushings, filters. Just about everything that wears out. I was amazed!!

A lot of the dealers were removing rubber tracks from used machines and replacing them with steel track. They then would sell the old rubber track, very hard to find in Thailand.

Also a big Yanmar tractor dealer at KM 50 who has many other used models, Kubota, Hinomoto, Iseki along with a yard full of used rotarys and tillers. Funny thing though, he didn't have any used Yanmar tractors, only new ones. Only problem was, I went there Saturday and they were closed. Since I have a Yanmar 2610 and a Hinomoto E202, used from Japan, I'll be going there again for parts during the week.

You guys that steered me to Rangsit, I am forever grateful.

BTW, on the way home I found a shortcut that avoids all Bangkok traffic if you come from the east, up Hwy 1 to the new Outer Ring Road (Hwy 9) at KM 54.

See ... told you - easy wasn't it.

h90

Thanks for the info. I'll be replacing seals on the excavator boom cylinders as soon as I resurrect it from almost death after loaning it to a "Number One mechanic" Thai farmer who used it in the fields for 6 months without even looking at any of the filters.

Get back to you then. Where are you?