Purchasing Dvd In The Uk

slippery when wet

Hi.

I wish to purchase a DVD player in the UK but as I have numerous copy VCD's and DVD's from Thailand I don't want to end up with a machine that won't play these.

I have tested some copy discs on my brothers DVD player and the player won't read the discand fails to play.

I would prefer a VCR/DVD combo but this is not entirely necessary.

If you could please recommend any model that you are 100% sure plays these discs it would be appreciated.

Thanks slippery.............

Generally, the players from cheap brands will be more tolerant of copied or problem DVDs/VCDs. Also, the really high-end models tend to be very picky. Nearly all of the cheaper ones also can play VCDs.

Bottom line, just get something cheap.

Asda do a range of cheap dvd players from 24.99 will play almost anything. if you go onto the internet you can get a hack code you tap into the remote control to make the player multi region takes about 2 minutes to do and is really easy

Search on the internet for a Multi-Region player you also wantit to be PAL / NTSC, CD, CDR & CDRW . You will find them from 20 quid up. I have a 'Cyberhome' minature DVD player, less than half the size of a normal one and it plays everything.

Hi.

I wish to purchase a DVD player in the UK but as I have numerous copy VCD's and DVD's from Thailand I don't want to end up with a machine that won't play these.

I have tested some copy discs on my brothers DVD player and the player won't read the discand fails to play.

I would prefer a VCR/DVD combo but this is not entirely necessary.

If you could please recommend any model that you are 100% sure plays these discs it would be appreciated.

Thanks slippery.............

Check out Pioneer 575A (about £110-120). Bought it because it was very well reviewed for picture/sound quality. Plays everything I throw at it regardless of region, copy, VCD, DVD etc. Good brand, solid build, easy set-up & operation (inc. "resume" function - love it) - worth the investment over sub-£100 machines, I reckon.