Seperating

peter1966

Hi, im currently seperated from my thai wife but still living in Thailand. What are the pro's and con's of just staying seperated and not actually divorcing........

Obviously, you would have difficulties remarrying. MrDirk is right with his comments; I just went through a divorce and recouped a substantial amount of money. Mind you, I used a lawyer who cost me an arm and a leg but the investment was worth it. If you are seperated for more than 2 years and don't support the family, your ex could initiate the divorce, which could then be to your detriment.

Good luck.

Hi, im currently seperated from my thai wife but still living in Thailand. What are the pro's and con's of just staying seperated and not actually divorcing........

Obviously, you would have difficulties remarrying. MrDirk is right with his comments; I just went through a divorce and recouped a substantial amount of money. Mind you, I used a lawyer who cost me an arm and a leg but the investment was worth it. If you are seperated for more than 2 years and don't support the family, your ex could initiate the divorce, which could then be to your detriment.

Good luck.

Hopefully, he would not repeat the same mistake again, ie getting married.

The fact your asking means its was probably a friendly separation otherwise you would divorce.

I currently live with this very situation and not divorcing at time of separation is my biggest regret.

The fact your asking means its was probably a friendly separation otherwise you would divorce.

I currently live with this very situation and not divorcing at time of separation is my biggest regret.

I pretty much agree with this--still 'married' 4 years after 'separating' and it seems more difficult to initiate as time goes by--must get 'round to it someday soon...........