Kham Khuan Kaeo

curlywatt

hi people, my g/f lives a few km from Kham Khuan Kaeo, she's looking to get an internet connection in her home. in her village the reception isn't great with regard to moblie phone coverage, she can never get reception with dtac but ais seems better. neither of us are very knowledgeable on this topic, she seems to think she may need to get a phone line in to her home and get an internet connection this way. what she's looking for basically is a fast reliable internet connection, anyone have any suggestions ? many thanks, alan...

p.s. mods if you can leave on issan forum rather than the computer section as everything is way to tecnical there for me and this relates to internet in issan region

hi people, my g/f lives a few km from Kham Khuan Kaeo, she's looking to get an internet connection in her home. in her village the reception isn't great with regard to moblie phone coverage, she can never get reception with dtac but ais seems better. neither of us are very knowledgeable on this topic, she seems to think she may need to get a phone line in to her home and get an internet connection this way. what she's looking for basically is a fast reliable internet connection, anyone have any suggestions ? many thanks, alan...

p.s. mods if you can leave on issan forum rather than the computer section as everything is way to tecnical there for me and this relates to internet in issan region

Your best option is to follow the advice on this thread

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Computers-t301968.html

If that is not available to you then you may be able to use AIS or DTAC for a slower more expensive EDGE connection with an externa aerial.

From my experience it can be difficult to get phone lines and they are expensive to install. If you are a long way from the exchange you will not be able to get anything other than a normal dial up connection

KKK is hard place to live, i know from fact as ones there was my friend but got mugged by his wife, but Net is hard as most of the smaller villages do't even have phone lines to they houses and it's in betwen and right in the middle and just outside links from Yaso and ubon direction, they tried to find solution that time(3yrs ago) and was not success, they where always adviced to take expencive satelite solution...

If you find any resonable priced solution, let the ppl know as time to time there has been this same question up here

Good Luck with your try