New Holiday Inn

theoldgit

Have seen some adverts for the New Holiday Inn, with some good offers.

I just wondered where it is actually located, say in comparison with The Hard Rock where I have stayed before?

Certainly seems like an attempt to pull in more families, has anybody had a look round yet?

Have seen some adverts for the New Holiday Inn, with some good offers.

I just wondered where it is actually located, say in comparison with The Hard Rock where I have stayed before?

Certainly seems like an attempt to pull in more families, has anybody had a look round yet?

It's located on the northern end of Beach Road adjacent to Amari Resort. Looks very nice...I have seen the B2000 per night room offers as well...but as just opened may have some teething issues.

Current offer is 1999 Baht/night (tax and service excluded) or 4000 Baht for 2 nights tax and service included.

Note that this offer is only available for Thai's and foreign expats holding a work permit or having permanent residency. WP or Residency book to be shown on check in to qualify!

Current offer is 1999 Baht/night (tax and service excluded) or 4000 Baht for 2 nights tax and service included.

Note that this offer is only available for Thai's and foreign expats holding a work permit or having permanent residency. WP or Residency book to be shown on check in to qualify!

What about if your Thai Mrs. books it?

What about if your Thai Mrs. books it?

Or TGF...

Yes, top-end of Beach Road.

I checked online for availability last weekend and they said it was full! Not bad for opening in the lowest of the low season. This weekend they have availability and awesome "Opening Special" rates online between 1999 and 2999. Someone posted a few months back that they had a sweet offer, around 2000 baht/nite just after they opened. May dig for that thread and see if they posted their opinions after the stay. Certainly on my list for a weekend stay since they have some special facilities for infants and kids (KidSuites) that may make it a bit easier for mummy while daddy shoots through to the TQ! Just checked the rates online and the 1999 baht does not have any published restrictions on Thai nationality or resident foreigner.

BTW, we stayed at the Woodlands Serviced Apartments where they have a current special with a 6000 baht poolside executive suite for 3000 baht. Similar deals on their less expensive units as well. Nice and new, clean and quiet... except when my boy was having swimming lessons!

Also read in the latest Bangkok Airways magazine that there's a new Best Western Premier opening on Pratumnak Hill 'in September'. I couldn't find it on their website and even their telephone reservations staff didn't have it listed yet so that's also on the hit list for the weekend getaways. Similar 'opening special' prices to the Holiday Inn. Anyone know where it is exactly?

Edited by NanLaew

• 2 weeks later...

I stayed last Sunday night. I had to wait about 20 minutes for my room to be made up (checked in at 6pm) and didn't get comped for the coffee I had while waiting. The place seemed deserted and didn't see many people in the huge lobby.

Minimalist is the style, with lots of opaque glass for internal walls. The room was quite nice and quiet. All rooms have a view of some part of Pattaya bay but the higher the floor, the better the view of course. I didn't order room service or eat at their restaurant so can't comment on that.

It's a good deal considering other, new 'boutique' hotels are still holding out around B3500/night and up. Regards your OP, I can't compare with Hard Rock having never stayed there but I think you will be pleased with the Holiday Inn's rooms.

NanLaew, thanks for your report your comments were helpful.

The Hard Rock was ok last year, thought about going back for New Years Eve but they have imposed a three night minimum stay, strangely only on some of their rates, and a compulsary dinner at 6,500 Baht a head, clearly they are not affected by the global recession

• 3 weeks later...

As a long term retired resident in Pattaya, I would not set one foot in the place as they clearly discriminate against us!!