Moving To Thailand

Hallo,

I live in Europe and I am considering to move to Thailand. I am divorced. I think I have quite enough money actually. I am 49.

I would really appreciate some advices, suggestions, ideas from you in relation to how to invest my money (condos, business, new company, etc.) and which kind of visa I would need... or I should try to stay in Thailand without working for one year -looking for a job in a closer country-, etc. I work with home automation.

Thanks!! :o

If you are willing to put 3,000,000 baht (US$75,000) into a fairly safe, but low-interest fixed account at a government sponsored thai bank, you can obtain a one-year Investor's extended entry permit.

Details may be reviewed at:

http://www.imm.police.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php.

At center top, select "Required Documents". This brings up vertical menu bar center of page. Select "Extend Your Stay" - then go to the very last category in that section "... to invest a minimum of 3 million baht..."

My company is assisting several individuals this month with processing such transactions. If you want more information, please contact me via conventional e-mail.

Personally, I think it is a pretty good idea to come here and get oriented for awhile, without sinking money into anything that you can't recover it from later. One year with some money frozen in an account isn't such a bad approach.

I wish I would have known about the investor extension back at the end of 2001. I would have moved slower, and probably saved a bundle, compared to the way I actually proceeded.

Good luck!

Steve Sykes

Managing Director

Indo-Siam Group

Bangkok

[email protected]

www.thaistartup.com

Sykpe: sykesbkk

Hallo,

I live in Europe and I am considering to move to Thailand. I am divorced. I think I have quite enough money actually. I am 49.

I would really appreciate some advices, suggestions, ideas from you in relation to how to invest my money (condos, business, new company, etc.) and which kind of visa I would need... or I should try to stay in Thailand without working for one year -looking for a job in a closer country-, etc. I work with home automation.

Thanks!! :o

There are many ways you can choose... What are you interested to do? Live quietly on interest from investments? Be active in a business? Put your money at risk (with a chance to earn more) or play it safe?