English Gold Ring

alfieconn

We had a friend that had her American rings resized and they dipped them in Thai gold after sizing them. Not what she wanted at all. As you are probably aware Thai Gold is much brighter and copper colored that what we expect. You my want to double check whether they will match your gold or dip them when finished.

You can do that in any gold shop you pas about 4000 to 5000 baht

What are you smoking ?

4,000 to 5,000 baht to resize a ring. If you have paid that here (or anywhere else in the world for that matter you've been done)

You could buy a new ring here for that money "well perhaps a little more"

But if you're really after a bargain I could let you have Nawarot Bridge pretty cheapish, in fact I will throw in the traffic lights at the eastern end :)

We had a friend that had her American rings resized and they dipped them in Thai gold after sizing them. Not what she wanted at all. As you are probably aware Thai Gold is much brighter and copper colored that what we expect. You my want to double check whether they will match your gold or dip them when finished.

Pure gold is pure gold no matter where it comes from. In the case of western rings they are usually 18/22 carat for obvious wear properties.

One of the largest gold shops/ gold smiths is Ow Chin heng in the Warawot market. It faces the river behind the main police box on the river road. I have had a lot of work done there over the years, and they will resize rings using the correct gold alloy, i.e. 18 or 22 carat. For a solid gold ring they will natrually use pure gold.

Should not cost you more than 500 baht.

You can do that in any gold shop you pas about 4000 to 5000 baht

What are you smoking ?

4,000 to 5,000 baht to resize a ring. If you have paid that here (or anywhere else in the world for that matter you've been done)

You could buy a new ring here for that money "well perhaps a little more"

But if you're really after a bargain I could let you have Nawarot Bridge pretty cheapish, in fact I will throw in the traffic lights at the eastern end :)

I must agree with JBG--that is some price for a simple resize [ I was a jeweller in another life]

My wife did a resize for a gold ring I bought for her in Europe. The ring was 24 carat. She went to a few shops and it was around 300 Baht every were. Very well done and no problems at all. The ring was too big so they gave her the removed gold back in a small box.