Taking "sales Money Out Of Country

I purchased a condo 6 years ago and am now selling it. I want to send back the money that I invested in it back to the same bank account that I transferred it out of.

Two Questions

#1 - I only transferred about a million baht worth of money but the price was 1.5 million (I already had a half million in money from ATM withdrawals), can I transfer 1 or 1.5 million back?

#2 - I have the original transfer papers from the bank. Who will I need to get permission from to do the transfer back out of Thailand? the Bank? The Land Office?

Take the blue slip you got from the land office to the bank and you can transfer out the amount of money that you paid th land tax on with no problems.

If that is less than the original amount of money that was brought in then show the bank a copy of the TT3 for the money you transferred in and you should be able to transfer up to that amount out.

If that is still not enough to cover the money you want to send out then just show the bank your work permit and hey presto!

Take the blue slip you got from the land office to the bank and you can transfer out the amount of money that you paid th land tax on with no problems.

If that is less than the original amount of money that was brought in then show the bank a copy of the TT3 for the money you transferred in and you should be able to transfer up to that amount out.

If that is still not enough to cover the money you want to send out then just show the bank your work permit and hey presto!

Thanks for the reply but I'm on retirement visa so no work permit. What is a TT3? Is that the form the bank originally gave me that I had to show to the land office that stated that "the purpose of the transfer was to purchase a condo" ? Thanks again

"What is a TT3? "

A "Tor Tor 3" was used to indicate the amount of money you transferred in to Thailand to purchase a condo. This document was discontinued YEARS ago. Bank have been using a "foreign exchange" document for YEARS, and it indicates the amount of foreign money transferred to Thailand, the exchange rate, and the amount of THB credited to your account. You should have saved this document when you transferred the money to Thailand. If you didn't save it, the bank can print out a replacement document, and you'll be charged around 300THB.

<snip>

What is a TT3? Is that the form the bank originally gave me that I had to show to the land office that stated that "the purpose of the transfer was to purchase a condo" ? Thanks again

Yes, that's the TT3 (Tor Tor Sarm) which is now called a Foreign Exchange Transfer Form (FETF).