Lcct Airport To Kl City

BangkokTony

I was recommended to take the bus (Sky bus I think) against my better judgement, but was actually quite impressed. 8 ringgits and I was in KL Sentral in about 50 mins. I believe the same taxi journey would have been about 100 ringgitts and not much quicker as the bus is non stop.

Loads of ticket booths as you come out of the terminal.

-this is travel Thailand thread-there is a separate thread for other South-east Asia countries.

-as could be expected, its all in the AirAsia site-if you had booked same time-the busticket would even have been cheaper

-actually there are 2 different diret buslines to Kl-Sentral-the new big shiny train/bus station, from where a monorel and Light Rail can whisk you furhter into town. One of these is red bus-and linked to Air Asia-the other is-well, another. together they run 4/6 timer per hour in busy times, are dead-easy to find and have ample tickettouts and luggage loaders. price for single is8 or 9 MYR (compare that to BKK's ionflated 150 bt =15 MYR for less as half the distance! do NOT buy return-the saving is minimal and then youre tied into the same bus back, the ride takes 60-70 mins, for about 65-70 kms. there ias ALSO another hourly bus bringing pax into town itself-serving various hotels and busstations, but this may get snarled up in traffic jams

If you are from the group hooked to rails and trains: the superfast Airlink does NOT serve this LCC-terminal, but the original main one. The 2 are linked by a local bus-payable, that does not run too often. This train will also deliver you at same Kl-sentral stop. Combined sum of fares is much higher and time gain nil.

Take the bus! Forget the taxis at the LCCT.

come out through the gates, look for Macdonalds, right in front of Mac D is a road where cars pick up and drop off. follow the direction of the road, maybe 20 metres.Walk along the covered pathway and you will see the buses.2 bus companies- RED and Yellow. its ur choice, RM8 or RM 9, either is equally ok.Ask price before u board,normally about an hour,depending time of the day.

the buses will stop at KL SENTRAL station(approx 5-8km from town centre)- u can have connections via the light rail transport here to KL city centre. fare is between RM2-3, depending on how many stops.

Alternatively, look for Macdonalds(again), walk up the stairs towards the main entrance, on your right is a counter to buy taxi coupons. these are regulated fares-no rip offs. at the entrance, queue for taxis and they will accept your coupon, no hassles. If in doubt-ask the information counter where to buy the taxi coupon, its very near the KTM counter(train counter)