Cebu Flight

has anybody noticed the new flight times to PI....both departure and arrivals.....i checkek for mid nov and couldnt believe what i was seeing....it loks like there will be no more PI trips for me from bangkok to clark....

JF, I just saw the flight times.

Not good, looks like I will have to go via Manila to get to AC in future.

What are they thinking?

Craig :)

maybe if i knew what the hel_l Pl and Clark and Cebu is, i'd comment. but only maybe. and anyway, don't be so crankypants.

PI = Philippines

Clark = Ex US base there

Cebu = Airline

Cebu = a Philipino Island.

please delete cebu article as apparently nobody who reads this forum ever goes tp PI...thank you

Lots of regular visitors to Thailand visit the Philippines. I've got at least 6 friends who do so every year. I used to go as well, but I prefer Thailand... much safer. Most foreign flights land in Manila on the north island of Luzon. There are approximately 7000 island in the Philippines. The central group of islands are called the Visayas, where Cebu is located in the middle. There are flights from Manila to most of the major islands, and boat trips for passage to the smaller islands. Mindanao is the large island to the south where all the radical Muslims are at constant war with the Philippines army. Muslim pirates patrol the southern islands and take hostages if they can. The tiny island of Boracay is a popular tourist destination and has a fantastic 7 km beach of white sand. Unfortunately, the Filippinos have dynamited most of the coral reefs to kill the fish and there's not much snorkling remaining.

Angeles City is the old US airbase (now finished) about a 2 hours bus ride north of Manila. Angeles City is the Philippines version of Pattaya... only rougher and cheaper, but with no beach.

It may have escaped the OP's notice that the Cebu Pacific flights Bangkok-Manila are also red eye flights and always have been. This has to be accepted if you wish to travel with a budget airline which Cebu are. Take it or leave it or spend a bit more to travel at a sensible hour. Its only a 2 hour drive from Manila to Angeles