World Of Warcraft Copy With Real Key?

Dancali

My friend bought world of warcraft but doesn't play it. He can't even find the cds for it anymore. But he still has the key code and gave it to me.

Could I use the key to play online with one of the copies of this game they sell in Bangkok? I have seen a number of vendors selling the 4 cd set as an "offline" version.

Thanks.

Yes its plausable, providing the CD key hasnt been registered already. I wouldnt bother with the hooky copies they are trying to sell in bangkok... the very nature of the game means that its impossible to play "Offline" the CD's themselves only hold the interface system, graphics and some very basic data/information... all the character information, world information etc is held on the Blizzard servers, so to get a full "Offline" version ofthe game you would be looking at something silly like 50+ CD's.

There are torrents around for the full version fo the game, you would be better off, in my opinion, just downlaoding one of those and installing.

Alternativly seek out someone whos already got the game and ask them to burn a copy of the CD's for you. Whilst Blizzard might not approve its not really going to be a big problem as its the CD key thats the important part of the Installation kit.

I'd do it for you, but my burner has broken and im not in a position to replace it anytime soon.

Actually a the server code for these MMORPGs is surprisingly small and compact. The server doesn't need to have all the graphics and interface and player interaction, it just needs game data, which takes relatively little space. An example is Lineage II, a similar 3D MMORPG, that has a downloadable server developed by 3rd parties. Of course, if you want to host many players, you would need a server cluster and lots of processing power and bandwidth.

Is there any news of WoW coming to Thailand? I'd rather play a local version and not lag to death. WoW has gone to countries outside of the US, but since the other popular US MMORPG, Everquest, never got here, I wonder if WoW will. There is certainly a market, if the popularity of RO is any indication. Thais also love the Warcraft games, so it should be very popular.