Single person annual visa

Well now that I have lived here for a year and in the process obtained the annual visa by placing 65K a month in a Thia bank, from my retirement in the U.S.

I have built up all the household good needed for a comfortable life here, but still have some large ticket items that I would like to purchase and am very reluctant to do so.

The reason the changes in Thai immigration policy, I'm far from being a tourist or a guest for that matter, this is my home. My purprose in coming here was to live the balance of my life in retirement here.

Rumors abound but I have not seen anything that addresses any changes in the Single Person's Annual Visa requirements. Anyone have any information? I have already started research as to other possible countries in the region to meet my goals, if this doesn't stay viable.

I have sufficient money to live comfortably here, but I am to one of the new rich that the country seems to want. Makes you very uncomfortable investing money in large ticket items that you may just have to walk away from.

Ray