Lap Swimming In Bangkok

walt

Does anyone know of a place where I can do some daily lap swimming? I generally stay in Bangkok for about four months, and where I stay there is a small pool available, but I was thinking it would nice to have access to a 25 meter pool, or even bigger, for distance swimming. Is there any place that offers temporary memberships for such swimming?

Clearly, the big names, those with multi-year waiting lists are not going to work for me, but maybe there are other options that I don’t know about.

Thanks for any ideas? (And no, the Chao Phaya is not an option for me.)

Walt

Both Lumpini park and Benjasiri park (next to emporium) have 25 meter lap pools.

Turn up with a cheap medical certificate from any side street clinic, a bunch of passport photos and your passport (and a photcopy) and you'll be allowed to join. Shouldn't cost more than 100 or 200 baht.

Both Lumpini park and Benjasiri park (next to emporium) have 25 meter lap pools.

Turn up with a cheap medical certificate from any side street clinic, a bunch of passport photos and your passport (and a photcopy) and you'll be allowed to join. Shouldn't cost more than 100 or 200 baht.

Hi Samran,

I just "Google Earthed" both places, and I see them. The one at Lumpini is not far from our place. Thank you for pointing them out to me. Made my day!

Best,

Walt

Another option would be to go to any of "The Mall Department stores" and swin for free.

In order to get in for free you need to sign up for a MCARD which is also free. This can be used for discounts in the mall or to allow upto 2 persons per day enter the water park on the 4th floor for free.

I normally go the Mall Bangkapi and have seen that they have pool set for people to swim laps.