Homemade Bomb Safely Disposed Outside Astv Head Office

george

Homemade bomb safely disposed outside ASTV head office

BANGKOK: -- Police safely defused a homemade bomb outside the head office of ASTV of Sondhi Limthongkul, a co-leader of the People's Alliance for Democracy, Monday.

Police used a high-power water canon to destroy the bomb at 11:30 am. The bomb was assembled inside a PVC pipe.

Once hit by the water canon, the bomb exploded without causing injuries.

The bomb inside a plastic bag was spotted by a road sweeper. The road sweeper said the bag was left near a tree pot outside the ASTV's fence for a few days. She removed the bag Monday and found the PVC pipe with electric wires so she alerted police.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-10-05

I don't care for Sonthi, but bombs really aren't the solution to a problem.

They tried to assassinate him, too, if that's better. The perky chink just wouldn't die.

Calling him such names ss offensive and derogatory, but I hope mods lest slip this little joke. There were nine bullet fragments in his head, and yellow "Thai - Chinese save the nation" t-shirts were the talk of the town last year.

I don't care for Sonthi, but bombs really aren't the solution to a problem.

They tried to assassinate him, too, if that's better. The perky chink just wouldn't die.

Calling him such names ss offensive and derogatory, but I hope mods lest slip this little joke. There were nine bullet fragments in his head, and yellow "Thai - Chinese save the nation" t-shirts were the talk of the town last year.

But the million dollar question is who are "they" and what were their motives?