Building A Faq For This Sub-forum

cdnvic

Post any additional input here and I will add to the FAQ thats at the top. Particular needs are;

- Thai ISP support numbers, access numbers, support pages.

- Thai mobile phone support numbers, pages, and general info.

- TV/Sat/Cable websites, and info.

- More questions/answers

Anything else you think would add to the FAQ.

Thanks everyone!

cv

Not quite sure wha kind of style faq you are going for.

Couple of common questions...

bit torrent sites (might be a bit hot for you in todays climate, and would need regular updating)

Can the Mac connect to TRUE, LOXINFO, Samart (true shake their heads but it can if you adjust the vci/vpi settings) Also Mac service centres

And our favourite - the browser wars.... Firfefox, Maxthon, Opera, IE advantages/disadvantages of each...

I'd be happy to write a short clear response to these questions if you want them included.

Not quite sure wha kind of style faq you are going for.

Couple of common questions...

bit torrent sites (might be a bit hot for you in todays climate, and would need regular updating)

Can the Mac connect to TRUE, LOXINFO, Samart  (true shake their heads but it can if you adjust the vci/vpi settings) Also Mac service centres

And our favourite - the browser wars.... Firfefox, Maxthon, Opera, IE  advantages/disadvantages of each...

I'd be happy to write a short clear response to these questions if you want them included.

lol...I was hoping you would. :o

I'll put a section of software reviews in the bottom of the FAQ if I get enough.

cv

Can we please have a faq about how lonely guys in the UK can call chicks in Thailand cheaply (honestly, what is it with you guys ? <grin>). And that sticky post about how there isn't any free SMS to Thailand...please bring it back !

Well I'm not sure if you are asking or offering to tell, but I can tell you:

Mac computers running OSX.1.5 and higher all support PPPOE (as does XP Pro) which means any ADSL connection service offered is usable. Works with every ISP I've used in China and Thailand and Malaysia.

Mail programs that support Pop mail accounts can be configured to use True's POP mail accounts. The instructions are in Thai but the input lines are English, so it's easy to figure out.

The only difficulty you run into is reading the Thai instructions on their support websites.

System Preferences/Network/

Network Port: Ethernet

TCPIP: Using PPP

PPPoE: Account Name

Password

:o