Current Pantip Price - Seagate 1tb -7200 Sata Hdd

CosmicSurfer

Any current info on the Pantip price for a 1TB Seagate SATA 7200 drive would be most appreciated.

BTW... I don't recommend anyone buy a 1.5TB drive.... I just did (WD Green SATA 5400) and it is SLOW ...

My current plan is to move it External and keep it for Seeding torrents only!!!

Thanks,

CS

Any current info on the Pantip price for a 1TB Seagate SATA 7200 drive would be most appreciated.

BTW... I don't recommend anyone buy a 1.5TB drive.... I just did (WD Green SATA 5400) and it is SLOW ...

Thanks,

CS

by far the best 1TB drives i used are the Samsung Spinpoint F3 and WD Blue/Black series Drives. WD Blue drives tend to be slow.

Thanks,

CS

Of course a 5400 rpm disk is slow but what withholds you from buying a 1.5 Tb sata 7200 which are 4370 Baht currently.

A seagate 1 Tb can be bought at j.i.b. for 2990 Baht today.

I have to agree with astral that WD probably has a hich failure rate.I bought a 1.5 Tb a few weeks ago which lasted 10 days and have also brought in a 320 Gb which failed after 2 years.

Of course a 5400 rpm disk is slow but what withholds you from buying a 1.5 Tb sata 7200 which are 4370 Baht currently.

I have to agree with astral that WD probably has a hich failure rate.I bought a 1.5 Tb a few weeks ago which lasted 10 days and have also brought in a 320 Gb which failed after 2 years.

I bought the 5400 for about 4400 baht 2 weeks ago... I didn't see any 7200s at all... Seagate was sold out, only Western was available... but Further research (after the fact) told me that I was lucky, cause Seagate 1.5 has LOTS of problems.

But now I'm real worried about the life of this one I now have. Making it an external holding Burned torrents that are just seeding feels like the best way to salvage this situation... It will solve my space problem, and as I've already burned the data (movies), then If I lose it it won't be a huge loss.

I have a 1Tb Seagate 7200 internal now the runs great, So I just may be forced into spending more on an other 1 TB Internal.. and a price under 3000 baht is what I'm looking for.

Thanks,

CS

I bought the 5400 for about 4400 baht 2 weeks ago... I didn't see any 7200s at all... Seagate was sold out, only Western was available... but Further research (after the fact) told me that I was lucky, cause Seagate 1.5 has LOTS of problems.

But now I'm real worried about the life of this one I now have. Making it an external holding Burned torrents that are just seeding feels like the best way to salvage this situation... It will solve my space problem, and as I've already burned the data (movies), then If I lose it it won't be a huge loss.

I have a 1Tb Seagate 7200 internal now the runs great, So I just may be forced into spending more on an other 1 TB Internal.. and a price under 3000 baht is what I'm looking for.

Thanks,

CS

I'm getting a bit confused here as I'm sure that the 1.5 Tb WD I bought a few weeks ago and failed after 10 days was a 7200 rpm.

Now when doing a google I find that the 5400 rpm has the same product number. WD15EADS.

On the site of WD there is no mention of speed in the specifications of the harddisk.So why 1 product number with 2 different speeds.

Oh synnex changed my failed 1.5 WD disk for a seagate so I just have to wait a bit to lose all the data again I assume.