Graphic Picture Warnings On Alcoholic Drinks

Garry9999

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TallForeigner ... .

It is not a matter of what I want to believe. It is now accepted by all non-quacks that moderate alcohol consumption is ridiculously good for you. Not just wine. Now there are hundreds of double-blind, clinical studies done and the conclusion is irrefutable.

Well, sounds still quite ridiculous what you are writing and I still say that's just what you want to believe.

There are no "hundreds of double-blind, clinical studies done" and the conclusions are very far from irrefutable. What you say is definitely not accepted by "all non-quacks". For every study with some vague indications into the direction you like so much to see I can list you hundreds of studies showing the damages done by alcohol - even in relatively moderate amounts. It's shows quite a narrow-minded attitude to claim that the researchers proving what you don't like to believe are quacks and all the others are non-quacks.

Let's put it that way: What is irrefutable is that there are some few studies indicating that under certain circumstances moderate amounts of alcohol can have some benefits - what is equally irrefutable is that there are many more studies proving the toxicity and damaging effects of even moderate amounts of alcohol. If some find out that some amounts of alcohol can have some benefits for brain metabolism but at the same time these studies don't look at the liver damages and other studies prove the damages done to other organs the consumption is still no more so "ridiculously good for you".

Anyways I can't and I don't need to keep you from enjoying your alcohol and believing that it's good for you - believe what you want and be happy with it.

I myself go on and trust in tons of serious scientific articles I have studied and in what I researched and have seen myself. And believe me, I didn't just pick out the studies and papers I want to believe - I have seen a broad spectrum with many different aspects. Working for most of my professional life at the forefront of medical and pharmaceutical research gives me a good overview and understanding of what's around there. I mentioned laymen articles from the BBC because these are easily understood by most people - and I believe this forum is not the place to start listing scientific citations.

Edited by TallForeigner

I didn't think you would get it :)

Well, I really just hope for you that your thinking was not going like this:

Train spotting is boring and is therefore for boring people --- only boring people don't smoke and don't drink ---- therefore I must be a train spotter... :D

Listen chap! There are people out there that don't need drugs and don't need to smoke and drink alcohol to lead an active, fulfilled, very happy and very interesting life. I feel sincerely sorry for you if you believe that you need to smoke and drink in order to have an interesting life.

I certainly dont think that smoking and drinking are necessary to have an intersting life. However I have never met a person who doesn't drink that i could call interesting - they often use language such as ............. 'Listen Chap'

PS By your list of pursuits I can see that you are (contrary to my previous statement) a very interesting person - well at least in your own mind.

I've met hundreds of very interesting people who don't drink. I've met a lot that do. The most interesting ones are the ones that needed to but found a way not to.

I didn't think you would get it :)

Well, I really just hope for you that your thinking was not going like this:

Train spotting is boring and is therefore for boring people --- only boring people don't smoke and don't drink ---- therefore I must be a train spotter... :D

Listen chap! There are people out there that don't need drugs and don't need to smoke and drink alcohol to lead an active, fulfilled, very happy and very interesting life. I feel sincerely sorry for you if you believe that you need to smoke and drink in order to have an interesting life.

I certainly dont think that smoking and drinking are necessary to have an intersting life. However I have never met a person who doesn't drink that i could call interesting - they often use language such as ............. 'Listen Chap'

PS By your list of pursuits I can see that you are (contrary to my previous statement) a very interesting person - well at least in your own mind.

I've met hundreds of very interesting people who don't drink. I've met a lot that do. The most interesting ones are the ones that needed to but found a way not to.

"when you have two competing theories that make exactly the same predictions, the simpler one is the better."

Edited by Garry9999