Chiang Mai City Life

john b good

We also now have Citylife on board with posting Events in our Chiang Mai Events section each week so everyone can find out whats going on right here on Thaivisa.

Its great to have you and your team on board Pim.

At the risk of seeming like a kiss-ass, both Mr. Mcgriffith and Mr. Peace Blondie do a fine job on the Chiang Mai forum and are looking to make this an enjoyable place to visit.

They are not looking to pick fights with the members or throw people off unless they deserve it.

We are lucky to have both of them! :)

I agree. I wouldn't have taken the Mickey otherwise. :D

The pink issue contains 2 accounts of Buddhist 'experts' - the 'monk chat' monk and a Thai prof at CMU. Rubbish comments, in my non-Buddhist opinion. 'The Buddha never mentioned it because there never were any gays in Asia. :) Suure, like Queen Victoria saying there are no lesbians. Third sex? :D Rubbish; 99.9% of all babies are clearly either male or female; two genders. I dunno, but it sounds like the same same-sex rubbish preached by Christian anti-gays. In my homo opinion.

Rubbish comments? because? you are gay? or a non-Buddhist? ever thought that you may be wrong? in my Buddhist opinion many people have 'issues' and the Buddhist 'challenge' is in dealing with them not indulging them... (this will probably be deleted)

Like mcgriffith, I was posting as a member, not a moderator. And as a gay non-Buddhist who understands nothing about Thai Buddhism (although I am practically 'married' to a devout, Thai gay Buddhist who spent several years at the wat), I gave an honest semi-academic critique of what was presented about gay life by two alleged experts. Rubbish. IMNSH gay opinion.

Like mcgriffith, I was posting as a member, not a moderator. And as a gay non-Buddhist who understands nothing about Thai Buddhism (although I am practically 'married' to a devout, Thai gay Buddhist who spent several years at the wat), I gave an honest semi-academic critique of what was presented about gay life by two alleged experts. Rubbish. IMNSH gay opinion.

Yes I got that... I was not meaning to be derogatory in any way although the written word can be easily misunderstood. The Buddhist view would be pretty clear, however, that all presentiments of the character and personality of a 'person' (gay or non-gay) is the result of Karma and as such is to be worked-through and purifed.

You may, or may not agree, with this approach - but it IS Buddhist and doesn't seek to condemn or reproach but clarify the Buddhist perspective. One cannot rubbish a perspective (Buddhist or otherwise) because it is 'inconvenient' as it conflicts with your chosen lifestyle (with all due respect).

Surely the debate was not about the 'rightness' of being gay or non-gay but about what the Buddhist says about it? Om Shanti

At the risk of seeming like a kiss-ass, both Mr. Mcgriffith and Mr. Peace Blondie do a fine job on the Chiang Mai forum and are looking to make this an enjoyable place to visit.

They are not looking to pick fights with the members or throw people off unless they deserve it.

I second that :D

I second that :D

I agree and meant no offence - just debating