Airline Insider Reveals Economy Class Seats to Dodge

I rode 787 14 F overnight,SIN to SYD,full house on board.

Overnight I was frozen as my seat was a target for A/C blast. Being summer in Aus I was wearing appropriate seasonal clothing,did not order blanket,no spare seats to move to.

2 days later was diagnosed with sinus infection, required surgery to clear infection.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

12 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Interesting article, always wondered what it was like back there in cattle class.

Not my preferred seat usual fly J class

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Interesting article, always wondered what it was like back there in cattle class.

It's about $100 an hour cheaper.  Sometimes less.  Often, more.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, norbra said:

I rode 787 14 F overnight,SIN to SYD,full house on board.

Overnight I was frozen as my seat was a target for A/C blast. Being summer in Aus I was wearing appropriate seasonal clothing,did not order blanket,no spare seats to move to.

2 days later was diagnosed with sinus infection, required surgery to clear infection.

Why didnt you just go stand at the back instead then instead of freezing !!

• Confused 1

For me, i’d probably say:

a) the window seat next to a main exit door (ie not an over wing door).  Reason: These doors usually have the required slide packed into a compartment that protrudes from the door thus limiting your legroom

b) the FIRST set of seat sets (usually 2x) in the rear after the planes fuselage tapers inward.  Reason: because the seat set in front if you often has its floor anchors at an odd place compared to your seat set- which can make it hard to use the underseat storage or stretch out your legs.

There are a few more, but they tend to be very fleet type specific 

15 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

I didnt realise people didnt  just hire the entire jet when required??

Posted (edited)

This is an AI generated article, content is obvious, not a human written article + the picture used comes from Pixabay.com, no journalists use those. You are being fooled by the forum guys... Look how many wrote a comment without even seeming to notice lol, it's so obvious.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

11 minutes ago, norbra said:

For 6 hours you are joking

No I wasn't whatsoever

I'm tall and on odd occasions when I've been uncomfortable I will go and stand at the back for long stretches

In fact if you had done that its highly likely the flight crew sooner or later would have asked you why at which point you could have strongly made the point it was impossible to sit in the seat because of the air con.

Speak nicely enough and they'll find you a seat rest assured "full" flight or otherwise

11 minutes ago, Chivas said:

No I wasn't whatsoever

I'm tall and on odd occasions when I've been uncomfortable I will go and stand at the back for long stretches

In fact if you had done that its highly likely the flight crew sooner or later would have asked you why at which point you could have strongly made the point it was impossible to sit in the seat because of the air con.

Speak nicely enough and they'll find you a seat rest assured "full" flight or otherwise

My brain must have frozen,never even entered my mind to go and camp in one of the toilets

5 hours ago, Chivas said:

No I wasn't whatsoever

More likely they would have found him a blanket rather an alternative seat.