Procedure For Selling A Car

Is there one? Or is it just a case of taking the money from buyer and giving them the registration book? Anything "official" that needs to be done?

Sign the book, a proxy, a form, copy of passport picturepage and permit to stay page and entry card. Some DMV also require certificate of residence which is issued by your local immigration or your embassy pending on where you live.

Transfer can only be done within permit to stay

Must be 20 threads on this already, perhaps thats why nobody cared to reply

Sign the book, a proxy, a form, copy of passport picturepage and permit to stay page and entry card. Some DMV also require certificate of residence which is issued by your local immigration or your embassy pending on where you live.

Thanks for the info in para 1 and 2 above and for taking the time to reply. That is very useful.

Para 3 - the usual cr*p sarcasm found on this forum for people just wanting answers was unnecessary and I certainly will not miss it when I leave this forum next year. I did in fact do some pertinent searches on the sub-forum "selling car" "selling" but could not find the 20 threads you refer to. Thanks anyway.

Thanks for the info in para 1 and 2 above and for taking the time to reply. That is very useful.

Para 3 - the usual cr*p sarcasm found on this forum for people just wanting answers was unnecessary and I certainly will not miss it when I leave this forum next year. I did in fact do some pertinent searches on the sub-forum "selling car" "selling" but could not find the 20 threads you refer to. Thanks anyway.

Try "transfer car", or "transfer motorbike", or "transfer vehicle".

BTW no cr'p or sarcasm intended.

• 2 weeks later...

And I can't understand why people get so snakey when it's suggested that they invest some of their own time to find answers rather than sitting back to be spoon-fed .. even if that involves teaching themselves the ins and out of the Thaivisa search facility - above and right.

Select advanced search, type in "transfer car ownership", select motor forum, select search thread titles only, and you find your information:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/search.html&...r+car+ownership

• 3 weeks later...