Language Tapes

songhklasid

My last trip to thailand I purchased audio tapes "Auto Thai' vol 2 to play over &over in my car on the way to work in aust,after 2 months the tapes were jamming, after numerous attempts to recoil tape, it would happen again.The learning vocab itself is good, it's just the tape quality is not there. REFUND? or EXCHANGE? the products are made by DLC language products & the leaflet assure's quality product.

Where do I go from here,I have an address in BKK, or to the shop were I purchased them from. Any advice or similiar problems?

regards songhklasid.

just a word of warning.... it's probably not the tapes but rather your tape player. particularly a tape deck in a car. those heat up very quickly and are notorious for overheating and destroying the tapes and ribbons. i think it's time to move on to a CD deck in your car and i wouldn't expect any sort of money return or replacement from the place you bought them from.

just a word of warning.... it's probably not the tapes but rather your tape player. particularly a tape deck in a car. those heat up very quickly and are notorious for overheating and destroying the tapes and ribbons. i think it's time to move on to a CD deck in your car and i wouldn't expect any sort of money return or replacement from the place you bought them from.

Thats true as most players in cars are very close to the heater ducts.

What You need to do is use a double cassette deck and copy the original to a high quality tape, such as Maxell or TDK. Then use the copy to play in your car tape player.

Keep the original tape unused to make future copies later!! :)

PS I've done the same with a Berlitz Thai 90 minute cassette w/ phrase book.

What You need to do is use a double cassette deck and copy the original to a high quality tape, such as Maxell or TDK. Then use the copy to play in your car tape player.

Keep the original tape unused to make future copies later!! :)

PS I've done the same with a Berlitz Thai 90 minute cassette w/ phrase book.

Good advice.

I do that with dvd's and cd's and only use the copies for playing or viewing.

This thread is making me laugh really... I haven't heard someone use the word cassette in about 10 years unless the sentence started with "Remember when..." hehe :) God even my grandma has a CD player in her car, and she uses Facebook... hehe

That is what you get for using this new fangled Cassette tehnology. I had to copy mine onto Gramphone records so I could use them but this gives a big problem as every time I hit a bump the lesson skips.

Seriously cassettes are bad news carried in a car at all. Temperatures in a car can reach esxtreme levels and the plastic cassette distorts causing tape to jam.

That is what you get for using this new fangled Cassette tehnology. I had to copy mine onto Gramphone records so I could use them but this gives a big problem as every time I hit a bump the lesson skips.

Seriously cassettes are bad news carried in a car at all. Temperatures in a car can reach esxtreme levels and the plastic cassette distorts causing tape to jam.

I also suspect these new fangled 'automobile' contraptions won't catch on for long either...(something about rising temperatures outside the vehicle as well so I heard...) best to stick to a rickshaw and have the driver recite lessons to you. Now, where was that thread on 'taxi thai' again....

:)