Snap Shot Photo Comp #1 Is

Kan Win

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thankyou for helping me with that problem. In this case acting like a functioning moderator

However i feel it is an abuse of your position to single out a member of your forum

and continually subject him to snide and insulting remarks.The reasons for this baffle

me as this particular member has been one of the main supporters of the sub-forum that

you moderate.

As it also baffles me. :):D

Please quote and post my words where I have done this 'watutsi'.

Thanking you.

Yours truly,

Kan Win :D

Not sure if I qualify here because it's a film shot and I had to process the negative afterwards (obviously) :)

Anyway Contax G2, 45mm lens, Fuji Neopan 100 Iso B+W

Scanned and re-sized in Photoshop

I admit to a degree of spotting but nothing else - allowed?

Edited by The Vulcan

• 2 weeks later...
You embarrass only yourself with posts like this. Grow up.

Yes you are correct. :D What was I thinking when I posted that........ Oh well life goes on. :)

Yours truly,

Win in Bangkok :D

Perhaps you could explain this.

Which part do you need me to explain............

1. Oh well life goes on

2. Yes you are correct

or

3. What was I thinking when I posted that........

However i feel it is an abuse of your position to single out a member of your forum

and continually subject him to snide and insulting remarks.The reasons for this baffle

me as this particular member has been one of the main supporters of the sub-forum that

you moderate.

If this had been happening between two forum members you are the person supposedly appointed to

censure the guilty party !!!

The "digging" post is referring to the fact that you appeared to apoligise for the remarks

you made then almost immediately started digging yourself back into the hole you had just

apologised your way out of.

No doubt this will be slammed for discussing moderation issues, when in fact it has nothing to do with moderation. Others have also noted that myself and my ideas seem to attract special attention, usually followed by some peculiar decision making. I abide by the rules and have tried to contribute in a positive way to this sub-forum and should not really be a target for this harrasment that started at the same time my challenge concept started 9 months ago. I have learnt to ignore this special attention I receive, but it is getting tedious having to put up with it so long.

Ah ha, the Thread that I closed because 'Your Rules' where 'lordsux' '

nick-fish-stain, not understand etc. on here :D

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Post-Challen...96#entry2825096

Well done the Lord that Sux :D

Read your post here

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Lumpini-Park...ch-t309096.html

:D:D:):D

Got so distracted by the argument that I failed to notice that the contest was about flowers and now that I have can't remove the photo. You will therefore have to put up with these pretty petals until they get moderated and deleted....the same fate that befalls many of my posts anyway. :)

post-7438-1256575015_thumb.jpg

Edited by roamer

Kan Win

Anyone who visits this forum regularly can see that you have some sort of grudge against Lordsux. It is not clear (to me anyway) why this should be, he seems to be one of the more encouraging and helpful contributors. You seem to relish being confrontational and obtuse on a number of topics. Can't we just stick to discussing photography?

you moderate.

If this had been happening between two forum members you are the person supposedly appointed to

censure the guilty party !!!

The "digging" post is referring to the fact that you appeared to apoligise for the remarks

you made then almost immediately started digging yourself back into the hole you had just

apologised your way out of.

No doubt this will be slammed for discussing moderation issues, when in fact it has nothing to do with moderation. Others have also noted that myself and my ideas seem to attract special attention, usually followed by some peculiar decision making. I abide by the rules and have tried to contribute in a positive way to this sub-forum and should not really be a target for this harrasment that started at the same time my challenge concept started 9 months ago. I have learnt to ignore this special attention I receive, but it is getting tedious having to put up with it so long.

Read your post here

Hi Guys,

I am willing to give it a shot : )

I am new to (Photo) forrum.

Here is something that I think brought a good amount of smile today, from what I saw at least. 1st Photo This is a snapshot, unfortunatley the distance played a huge factor. 2nd Phot this is a snapshot, very little distance involved.All of these photos were taken very qucikly with a P&S method, if that is the correct languge to use.

1st Photo "USAF Thunderbirds", performing @ Don Meung Airport Bangkok, Thailand

(Picture taken zoomed all the way in)

2nd Photo "Wat Rhong Khun", located in Chiang Rai, Thailand

(Picture taken zoomed all the way out)

Both Photos Using the Camera indicated Below, On an AUTO setting.

Camera: Canon Powershot SD780 IS Digital Elph

Comments, oppinions wanted.

Don't worry I won't quit my day job : )

I like the look of the Wat Rhong Khun - looks an amazingly ornate temple. Quite incredible really. Thanks for sharing this one.

Maybe the next time (if there is one) you might consider stepping back a little to get the full image reflected in the water (and less sky)

p.s. I think this is probably the correct colour eh? (no PP allowed though aaargh)

Thank you,

Yes it is right off of the memory card, no alterations (Phot Shop , etc)

Read your post here

I didn't mention any specifics, but as you mention it;

The 'Post What You Want Challenge' was out of my control when it was eventually re-opened, you shut it down without explanation as soon as it was posted and clearly had no real intentions of helping the challenge get off to a good start. It's not the first time a thread of mine has been mysteriously closed, is it Kan?

What relevancy my comment's on the video thread has to do with anything here?

Sorry if I don't agree with creeps hiding in the bushes filming people in the park, each to their own I suppose! Seems that other posters on that thread agree with my views as well. Up to you if you like that sort of thing, or was it just yet another petty attempt at throwing mud at me? Why not just abuse your 'editing permissions' as on the HDR thread and slander me again? I'm still waiting for your reply on that one btw.

Kan Win

Anyone who visits this forum regularly can see that you have some sort of grudge against Lordsux. It is not clear (to me anyway) why this should be, he seems to be one of the more encouraging and helpful contributors. You seem to relish being confrontational and obtuse on a number of topics. Can't we just stick to discussing photography?

Thanks for that Hughden, I can assure you and all that there is no bad blood via PM's as I'm still awaiting Kan Win's response to my only PM to him asking why he shut down the PWYW challenge.

Kan Win

Thanks for that Hughden, I can assure you and all that there is no bad blood via PM's as I'm still awaiting Kan Win's response to my only PM to him asking why he shut down the PWYW challenge.

And there is no bad blood either from my side. :D

I'm still awaiting Kan Win's response to my only PM to him asking why he shut down the PWYW challenge.

Re your PWYW, I closed it and did not answer you as another Mod asked me via PM about your post and (PM's are Private BTW) then an Admin Sbk re-opened it for you.

I was thinking that the problem was resolved, however now I hope it has been with this post.

The sticking part of your OP (Original Post) was the rules that you posted, now deteled, not by me, but by your own request by another Mod and then we all understood your rules and conformed to the PWYW after that.

So if this is your gripe .... please re-read your posts and thank you I shall grow older and not up. Sad really in't.:)

Win :D

<snip>

mysteriously closed, is it Kan?

What relevancy my comment's on the video thread has to do with anything here?

Sorry if I don't agree with creeps hiding in the bushes filming people in the park, each to their own I suppose! Seems that other posters on that thread agree with my views as well. Up to you if you like that sort of thing, or was it just yet another petty attempt at throwing mud at me? Why not just abuse your 'editing permissions' as on the HDR thread and slander me again? I'm still waiting for your reply on that one btw.

mysteriously closed, is it Kan?

Do you mean the Blind taking photos is that it............. :D

As for your post in

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Thailand-videos-f138.html

are you saying that you are now allowed C&C in there like in our 'Evaluate my photo' forum :)

Win :D

No Kan Win, it was not the thread about blind people taking photos and their exhibition, which was an informative and positive post highlighting the abilities of the blind being able see things in different ways and utilizing that vision by displaying it through means of photography. I suppose some only see things the way they want to see them.

Seems apparent that it's you that has the 'gripe', it's not just me saying that is it? Why the continuous mud slinging in my direction? Why drag me into a discussion on this thread when all I did was ask a simple question regarding the Snapshot challenge? I don't expect answers as I seldom get them from you, and when you do respond you do it with innuendos, sarcasm and a generally condescending manner.

You may have pulled the wool over a certain persons eyes with your creative editing on the HDR thread, but there were surprisingly many that noticed the stunt you pulled. Not a very honarable thing to do was it? maybe that's why you still avoid giving your reasons for doing what you did? For those that are interested the 'personal attacks' that I was accused of that were edited out of my post was something like "Great image, but technically not a true HDR image" How on earth can that be deemed as a personal attack? Using your creative editing against me when someone else is asked to look into what is going on is even lower than low. Despite all this, I continued contributing in a positive manner for the good of the forum and it's members. Now I'll just sit back and let you run things just the way you like it, you are an expert at that it seems judging by this challenge :)

Have fun! :D

Read your post here

How is this obnoxious fool allowed to be a moderator? In the few years that I have been a member of T.V, I have never seen a mod, so childish, arrogant and argumentative. This forum should be called the 'Kun Win' show as he clearly thinks it revolves entirely around him, when quite clearly he couldn't organise a tossed salad. This is the first (and last) thread I opened in this sub forum, so maybe it's not a true representation of the rest of the threads, but I came here to look at some photos and to get away from the childish bickering in the other forums, but it wasn't to be. Someone please let me know if a photography forum with a normal moderator ever materialises.

Time is up Folks so I closed this Challenge.

Voting in a couple of days or so.

Happy Loy Kratong to one and all.

large.jpg

Taken a few years ago, just a Snap Shot Photo on Koh Samui, Oly 2500.

Thanking you all for your photos and comments.

Sawadee Khrup :)

Yours truly,

Kan Win :D