True Online Launched New Internet Up To 16mbit/s Download

infernalman7

Just letting you know that after surfing through different cellphone promotions, I accidentally found out that True Online now has a new internet promotion of up to 16Mbit/s download and 1Mbit/s upload for only 2400 Baht!

2400 Baht is what I paid for 4Mbit/s 2 years ago!

Love it.

At this rate, Internet in Thailand is officially the cheapest in SE Asia, just like its cellphone price.

And yet just as slow as ever...

Don't get sucked into the 'our bandwidth is bigger than theirs' bullshit. It's marketing hype for the idiot marketing departments of the idiot ISPs. Complete, unmitigated CRAP and its about time the government started regulating this industry. PS: I am reselling 64MB down 8MB up packages for 50 baht a month*, anyone interested just let me know.

* (speed not guaranteed, no cancellation possible without massive penalty, how can I make this font smaller dammit?).

Edited by Crushdepth

more options - full editor

* (speed not guaranteed, no cancellation possible without massive penalty, how can I make this font smaller dammit?).

I give up - it is supposed to work but does not seem as though it does

Edited by lopburi3

Actually for the 8Mbps in Pattaya, True will pull a dedicated cable from their closest DSLAM to your house. So no crappy, taped together cables.

They use ADSL2+, so 8Mbps carries over a fairly decent distance.

Limit is 25Mbps on ADSL2+, so with a dedicated cable 16Mbps would be possible if the DSLAM is not too far away.

Says nothing on international speeds though :)

How can you find out if there is a DSLAM near your home?

There's a utility on the True website that let's you check the maximum speed for your phone number. The "distance to RCU" is the distance to the DSLAM.

• 2 weeks later...

I just speak with the True staff that was visiting my apartment complex and want to install the DSLAM box in our building. , Its a 16Mbits connection. . So the distance to the DSLAM box aint more then 80meter to me . , But sure iant getting the 16Mbits to international sites . , maybe 4-6 . . ,

My issue now is that CAT Telecom are coming here on friday and connect my condo with there fiber optical cabel . 3Mbits line for 2600 THB ., 5 user Ratio / or less .

SO what Company should i allow to install ?

Actually for the 8Mbps in Pattaya, True will pull a dedicated cable from their closest DSLAM to your house. So no crappy, taped together cables.

They use ADSL2+, so 8Mbps carries over a fairly decent distance.

Limit is 25Mbps on ADSL2+, so with a dedicated cable 16Mbps would be possible if the DSLAM is not too far away.

Says nothing on international speeds though :)

Interesting, my True 8mb connection should be (hopefully) getting installed as im typing this, will be interesting to see if a complete new cable is installed, i was told last friday when the lady came round for me to sign all thepaperwork the 16mb connection would be available to me (Soi Khao Noi) in two months.