Negotiating Discount On Appartment

Trebor

My wife and I plan to stay for 3 months at the end of this year in Bangkok. She loves the place as much as I do. I enjoyed my stay at the Omni recently and am thinking of going back there. My question is: I know all the serviced appartments are open for "discounts" but how much would this be. I'm not very good at negotiating. I have been told 30% is the norm for this length of stay but could be more. And considering that the price is about 60,000 per month for a 1 bedroom, which is what we want, how much do you think I could get it down to. Always supposing its not full at the time.

Opinions appreciated. :o

Do the same as you would do with a hotel for long stay. You know that every hotel breaks even about 50 % of the rack rate. go a little bit above that to avoid an outright no. watch their response. if they come back with an offer -20 to 25%, you know their eager. then go for 35. Dare to say no on their offer and walk out of the deal.

Do the same as you would do with a hotel for long stay. You know that every hotel breaks even about 50 % of the rack rate. go a little bit above that to avoid an outright no. watch their response. if they come back with an offer -20 to 25%, you know their eager. then go for 35. Dare to say no on their offer and walk out of the deal.

Thanks for the advice.

I will try your suggestions. Hope my bargaining skills are good.

3 month stay - in my opinion - sounds a little bit too short time for good negotiating discounts.

The big discount percentage starts with 6 months upwards contracts. Just to tell you about my own experience.

Anyway, enjoy your stay.

Hmmm six months in Thailand sounds good to me.

well then Trebor...it's just about convincing your wife about that lil' bit of extended stay, isn't it...?

No problem there. She is fed up with work. I'm of the opinion that at my age (i'm not too old) enjoy life to the full. You never know whats round the corner. Don't wish to sound depressing but several of my friends have been diagnosed with illness. I have had a good run re: healthwise, so i'm going for it. Got a bit of money coming in to pay the bills and whats left is sanook money.

:o