Bazaar Bar

jimiherf

Last time I went slumminglooked, there were several gay bars in the soi behind D2, before Peak.

You need to slum I mean look again there are only about 2 that are still there. klarie Night Bazaar has no bars even thought they are trying to lease out their stalls at the south and north ends of the complex for beer bars and the CMEC on Loi Khro has about 24 bars and none by that name :)

Last time I went slumminglooked, there were several gay bars in the soi behind D2, before Peak.

I too went slumming went past the back of The Peak yesterday and stopped to peep over the fence at that failed development opposite (what happened to that? Did anyone get any money back?). Whilst there I noticed that there seem to be almost no bars or shops left and the whole area looks like it's due to be bulldozed any time now.

Edited by Greenside

I too went slumming went past the back of The Peak yesterday and stopped to peep over the fence at that failed development opposite (what happened to that? Did anyone get any money back?). Whilst there I noticed that there seem to be almost no bars or shops left and the whole area looks like it's due to be bulldozed any time now.

Central won their law shuit with the ex landlord of the old Peak. The 4 bars that are there are getting free rent tell Central (like Big C) decides what to do with the propriety. The condo project in back went tits up about 2 years ago when the owners as a lot of condo projects in Thailand do left town quickly. There are law suits but that takes time. In the mean time the bank has repoed the project and you can buy it for only 150 million bt. :)

I thought Chang owned The Peak?

NO Chang! Central like Big C, Robson Department Store both of our major malls and the company that bought the property in Bangkok that old British embassy was on. The largest land owner in Thailand. What you heard was barroom rumors. Has not happened.

You need to slum I mean look again there are only about 2 that are still there. klarie Night Bazaar has no bars even thought they are trying to lease out their stalls at the south and north ends of the complex for beer bars and the CMEC on Loi Khro has about 24 bars and none by that name :)

kalare night bazaar as 1 bar near where Dio Chaang coffee shop used to be ,it as been open about 6 weeks.

kalare night bazaar as 1 bar near where Dio Chaang coffee shop used to be ,it as been open about 6 weeks.

Is it the bar in question? Whats its name?

Is it the bar in question? Whats its name?

Sorry dont know the name

NO Chang! Central like Big C, Robson Department Store both of our major malls and the company that bought the property in Bangkok that old British embassy was on. The largest land owner in Thailand. What you heard was barroom rumors. Has not happened.

What are you on "I mean what are you smoking ?"

"the largest land owner in Thailand"

They might be the largest land owners in cities and or municipalities (and I doubt that too) but no way are they the largest land owners in the realm

CP "Charoen Pokphand" is the largest business conglomerate in Thailand.

The big banana "Dhanin Chearavanont" owns vast areas of land and would make the Central Group (owners of both Central and Robinsons) look like bit players 'insofar as land holdings is concerned'

He owns thousand's if not hundred's of thousand's of rai in the realm. :)

It would appear that some posters have a dream (when sleeping) wake up and post something that they dreamt about.

Edited by john b good

It would appear that some posters have a dream (when sleeping) wake up and post something that they dreamt about.

I would love to post some of my dreams, a few here may even enjoy reading about them (you know who you are) :) but I fear it would earn me a very rapid ban :D

But some tell me the real life goings on in Paagai land are worse than most people dreams anyway :D

BTW, I thought it was actually Central Patana property group who owned the peak - or maybe I dreamt that :D They are Central, but not if you know what I mean...

What are you on "I mean what are you smoking ?"

"the largest land owner in Thailand"

They might be the largest land owners in cities and or municipalities (and I doubt that too) but no way are they the largest land owners in the realm

CP "Charoen Pokphand" is the largest business conglomerate in Thailand.

The big banana "Dhanin Chearavanont" owns vast areas of land and would make the Central Group (owners of both Central and Robinsons) look like bit players 'insofar as land holdings is concerned'

He owns thousand's if not hundred's of thousand's of rai in the realm. :)

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Thailand-s-R...st-t305160.html

There are no bars in the Night Bazaar. If he is talking of the old Peak there are only 4 and his bar is not one of them.

Hello and welcome to 2009 and Chiang Mai's Night Bazaar. Obviously you are new to both. From which cave did you just emerge?

The Peak is a sad failure, brought down only by the pretentious young Thai tenant, and I am delighted that the land owners have won their case against him. I feel sorry for all the small bar sub-tenants, Thai & farang. It was only a recent 'flash in the pan' sideshow, contrasted with the whole of the Night Bazaar.

Astounded and concerned by your sensationalist claim, I drove slowly through lower Loi Kroh, Changklan, Sidornchai and Charoenpratet this very night. Not only did I see NONE of the long-standing bars closed down, I spotted 3 new ones!!

Please, let's stay real.

have you got that right? 2500 baht/month~thats cheap, mind you the bazzar is dead till about late nov.

the gf was once offered a space in the Kalare when it first opened 60,000 baht/mth for a tiny bit of space,:) was right in the pedestrian walkway thou

Sorry, wrong area, but since you are talking about bars, I saw a new bar open on soi 9 or was it 11 Nimmanhaemin yesterday with a giant Brit flag hanging in it...anyone knows anything about this?

Only that it plays very loud music that you can hear from inside the dentists opposite. :)

have you got that right? 2500 baht/month~thats cheap, mind you the bazzar is dead till about late nov.

the gf was once offered a space in the Kalare when it first opened 60,000 baht/mth for a tiny bit of space, :) was right in the pedestrian walkway thou

Yes 2500bt a month per unit I saw the flier. It takes 4 to make a decent bar. That price reflects the fact that almost all their units at the south and north ends are vacant plus The old Den Chaan coffee is gutted. This should tell you something about Kalares business plane and the number of tourist. Like I said they plane to convert Kalares Night Market into a beer bar area. Bring out the chrome polls.