Hello !

Can someone explain to me what is T3 ? The procedure for obtaining the T3 from the bank in Thailand at the time of title transfer of a property bought by a foreigner in Thailand.

Thanks in advance for the help & info !

Not used anymore.

It was called Tor Tor 3 (TT3), but is now replaced by another document, which I think is called "proof of foreign remittance".

Needed when registering the land title deed of a condominium in a foreign name.

First when sending over the money to Thailand make sure that as reason you state "buying condominium".

Then apply for the paper at your Thai bank, if you tell them it is for regstering a condo in your name they will know what to give you.

That paper plus all the other stuff required will allow the Land and House department to register you as the owner for the condominium.

We are probably on the wrong forum but this is a task on my list too.

We have already purchase a Farang quota freehold condominium from Hemaraj a .SETI 30 listed company.

The funds were transferred directly to Hemaraj and specifically stated they were for our condominium purchase in our case joint names.

Everything went through OK and indeed we have the chanote (or is that chanoot?) blue house book, and indeed the receipts from Hemaraj.

We are in and happy.

But my question is are the receipts the proof of foreign transfer? Or do I need something from Siam Commercial Bank, Hemaraj's own bank, and exactly what is this called for my specific circumstances?

As I understand it we only need this documentation if we wish to repatriate the funds, which we don't, hence this being a low priority task during our limited holiday time in Thailand (we still work in the UK)

Thanks for any help - PKRV

Edited by pkrv

Bhawani,

the form is now called the Foriegn Exchange Transaction Form (FETF) and your Thai bank will give one to you if the incoming transfer was more than 600,000 Baht, if less than that amount ou need to ask for a bai rap rong.

Is the latter (bai rap roung) accepted by land and house when doing the transfer?

Haven't heard of this yet, so would be good to see confirmed!

^ I think so Monty.

I have a mate that has purchased condos for less that the 600k and they have been registered at the land office.

I also read on another thread that if you have made a few transfers below the FETF value the bank will add them together to issue one but I can't confirm that from personal experience.