Visa extension, work permit

Can anybody help me?

I received a Non immigrant "B" visa in July from Penang, Malaysia in order to find work. I found work in Chonburi and received a work permit. The work permit expires this month along with the visa. What do I do now to renew my visa and permit? Do I need to leave the country every three months and return to labour department to renew the visa/permit or can I just get one extension in Bangkok?

The referenced link is a good description, but the rates are out of date.

New rates:

Apply for long-term visa:  1,900 baht

Apply for one-year multiple-entry reentry permit 3,800 baht

Single entry re-entry permit:  1,000 baht

Apply for one year work permit - 3,000 baht

Apply for each work permit renewal - 750 baht

Good luck!

Steve

Indo-Siam

www.indo-siam.com

Absolutely correct information here.

Let me re-iterate, although it's shown in the Thai-Visa page, every time you get 1 month's extension you must go over to the labour dept. to renew your work permit for the same period. For me it is usually twice before the annual visa is through, so total costs 2x750 plus 3000= Baht 4500.

Your re-entry is only valid as long as your 30 days extension, I leave the country twice, so another Baht 3800 each month until the visa finally extended to one year or less from the originally date.

The only "discount" I got recently when the passport was full, a free transfer of the re-entry permit to the new pp.

Thank's for the info, so just to make it clear, I go to Immigration and they will give me one month, then I go to the Labour Department for extension of the WP. I do this two or three times until I receive the year extension.

Would it not be better/cheaper for me to leave the country and get three month's on my visa and then apply for the one year extension?

J,

yes it is my visa which is about to expire. I got the 1 year non B immigrant visa (multiple entry)from Penang in July. I have recently been given a work permit, but the permit is only valid until the date stamped in my passport. So yes it is my current stamp that is expiring.

Pablo