Email Box Is Full

eggomaniac

Sorry I cannot help as to whether the company is still trading. And you don't say the name of the company anyway :)

But your experience is very very common in Thailand.

Getting a reply to any written communication is rare particularly if the topic or issue is a "difficult" one.

So they go into the too hard basket and just ignore you. I have experienced this more times than I care to think about and in percentage terms at least 90-95% of my emails to Thai companies have never been answered.

If they are using "loxinfo" as the service provider they (loxinfo) will only store 100Kb on their server and then it locks up. You cannot just delete and free things up because the server has locked up anyway so nothing more will be downoaded into your inbox.

Loxinfo if approached can free it up if requested but for the company concerned it is all just too hard.

If they are using "hotmail, yahoo, or gmail, etc., you get at least 5 Mg of storage and it takes one helluva lot of basic emails to put that into overload.

Have you got a telephone number for the company, what do they sell, have you been to their business address yourself, I am not gonna think about searching for the address without a few more directions as off the top of my head I don't know where the street you refer to is.

Good luck, someone might be of more help. But at the end of the day the company has probably done one of several things i.e. gone bankrupt, done a runner, shut shop or changed their email address "and no it wouldn't occur to them to advise anyone, well would it? :D

And finally you don't even say what the name of the company is so in God's name what would it prove if there "was" a business at that address. :D

OK. long answer to a short question

Edited by john b good

No, I haven't been there but would like to contact them via email.

I held back from naming the company as there might be a rule about advertising?

As it's not my company maybe it's okay to Post it?

http://buyingagentthailand.com/index.htm

I appreciate all of your information. My email to them could not have been of the 'too hard' variety. It asked 'Is this an active company>? I wish there was an internet LAW that every website has to have a date stamp as to the last time it gets any updates.

Sorry I cannot help as to whether the company is still trading. And you don't say the name of the company anyway :)

But your experience is very very common in Thailand.

Getting a reply to any written communication is rare particularly if the topic or issue is a "difficult" one.

So they go into the too hard basket and just ignore you. I have experienced this more times than I care to think about and in percentage terms at least 90-95% of my emails to Thai companies have never been answered.

If they are using "loxinfo" as the service provider they (loxinfo) will only store 100Kb on their server and then it locks up. You cannot just delete and free things up because the server has locked up anyway so nothing more will be downoaded into your inbox.

Loxinfo if approached can free it up if requested but for the company concerned it is all just too hard.

If they are using "hotmail, yahoo, or gmail, etc., you get at least 5 Mg of storage and it takes one helluva lot of basic emails to put that into overload.

Have you got a telephone number for the company, what do they sell, have you been to their business address yourself, I am not gonna think about searching for the address without a few more directions as off the top of my head I don't know where the street you refer to is.

Good luck, someone might be of more help. But at the end of the day the company has probably done one of several things i.e. gone bankrupt, done a runner, shut shop or changed their email address "and no it wouldn't occur to them to advise anyone, well would it? :D

And finally you don't even say what the name of the company is so in God's name what would it prove if there "was" a business at that address. :D

OK. long answer to a short question

Edited by eggomaniac

Their website gives several phone numbers, and I would have thought that a quick call would have settled everything. I have just spoken to Miss Thom and she's a honey. I told her to check her e-mail, and we would talk further over dinner tomorrow evening :)

Their website gives several phone numbers, and I would have thought that a quick call would have settled everything. I have just spoken to Miss Thom and she's a honey. I told her to check her e-mail, and we would talk further over dinner tomorrow evening :)

Thanks Maejo, they checked and I just got an email from Thom's husband. Hope you enjoy your dinner with them.

An email bounced back, 'inbox is full'

As someone who's been dealing online for a good many years now as part of my job. I can tell you that generally speaking, email communication DOES NOT WORK in Thailand. Even with staff of multinationals and reputable local companies where you'll get given decorative business cards complete with email, phone, and fax details, it would not be wise to expect a response from email. I certainly wouldn't sit down and write a detailed email to anyone about anything until i first knew if a response was forthcoming.

Try to call first if possible, fax even, but anyone reading this, i would say always leave email as the very last option, and even then keep it short and to the point.

Cheers

Aitch

Their website gives several phone numbers, and I would have thought that a quick call would have settled everything. I have just spoken to Miss Thom and she's a honey. I told her to check her e-mail, and we would talk further over dinner tomorrow evening :D

Thanks Maejo, they checked and I just got an email from Thom's husband. Hope you enjoy your dinner with them.

You obviously don't know "Maejo Man" the only 'them' at the table will be Maejo and Thom. :)

An email bounced back, 'inbox is full'

As someone who's been dealing online for a good many years now as part of my job. I can tell you that generally speaking, email communication DOES NOT WORK in Thailand. Even with staff of multinationals and reputable local companies where you'll get given decorative business cards complete with email, phone, and fax details, it would not be wise to expect a response from email. I certainly wouldn't sit down and write a detailed email to anyone about anything until i first knew if a response was forthcoming.

Try to call first if possible, fax even, but anyone reading this, i would say always leave email as the very last option, and even then keep it short and to the point.

Cheers

Aitch

Excellent advice.

In 6+ years, never received one single email reply from a business, hospital, or government agency (including Nong Khai immigration which proudly and regularly announces their email address on all literature and websites.) And believe me, I've sent scores, if not hundreds of emails out to these places (I'm a slow learner).

Very true! Can make contact from outside Thailand and/or from different time zones quite difficult. However, such is the reality .... Thais in general prefer talking to writing, and with email there's some fear of inerasably lost face with language or factual errors. Plus, it's not "synchronous" communication and I do think that is a Thai preference.

I think younger or more internationally savvy Thais may email rather more now, but it's far from common. Text messages (sms), msn/other chat systems or 'social networking" setups, like Hi 5 (is that the name?) may bring a little more success.

It's an area in which Thailand really does need to "get with the program", I think, as certain communications work far better by email than other means.

Very true! Can make contact from outside Thailand and/or from different time zones quite difficult. However, such is the reality .... Thais in general prefer talking to writing, and with email there's some fear of inerasably lost face with language or factual errors. Plus, it's not "synchronous" communication and I do think that is a Thai preference.

I think younger or more internationally savvy Thais may email rather more now, but it's far from common. Text messages (sms), msn/other chat systems or 'social networking" setups, like Hi 5 (is that the name?) may bring a little more success.

It's an area in which Thailand really does need to "get with the program", I think, as certain communications work far better by email than other means.

Thanks everyone. For the purpose of this Topic, the goal was achieved. I had Sent a 'simple' and 'short' email; "is the company active?." and got mail box is full.

A helpful expat confirmed the company is active and we are now in positive email correspondence. [one of the owners is farang, Swedish I think]

I don't want the mods to think I started a internet help question.

Many of the Posts, above, have good info and are more internet and email related, aside from my Topic, which was to find out if the Company was active.

Thanks for the assistance and good information.

:)