Help Me I Want To Kill Myself

bucatini70

I have been in Thailand from the USA for 5 months now and bought a pretty fast computer but my access really sucks! to be polite! before i throw it off the balcony! Please tell me some of the better internet access companies i can use right now i am using TOT during off times and KSC internet cards. At work i use CS and i really haven't seen any difference in speed. I live in the Sala Daeng area of town closer to Chan Road though. I don't mind paying but i don't want to pay as much as house payment to get a moderate speed. Help me .....before i Kill agian!!

The only way you will get really decent speed is to rent your own co-location server. Prices in Thailand start at 2200 baht per month . But you will be operating it via remote desktop... and really should use linux for safety and reliability.

Here's a couple of sites we were looking at last night..

http://www.bangkokserver.com/#TOP

http://www.ecomhost.net/

You will need to read Thai for those sites..

Otherwise the SME (business) account of TRUE is pretty fast - 2.5/512 ADSL for 2500 baht / month if memory serves.

If you want high speed access, you might want to sign up for a high speed service like TOT ADSL or one of the others. You will need a direct line to your apt and most places can install that for your for around 1000-2000Baht.

I pay 960B/month for the 1Mbps option. They offer up to 2.5Mbps but I forget what the tab on that speed is. Asianet, sometimes called True.

Cheers

If he is buying internet cards from ksc then does sound like dial-up. If he is in an apartment (Jump of balconey..) then could be going through a pabx system as well which would slow the access down by 50%.

Remember it doesn't matter how fast your computer is, it is how fast your modem is and line connection that counts.

I am still on dial-up, but am happy now due to the following tips:

1. Line Quality: Listen to your line, if it has noise, hang up and try again, turn on your modem computer speaker to listen to the dial tone. I am on TT&T and each time I pick up the receiver/connect I get a different quality connection. Right now I am on CSLOXINFO at 52, really fast, perfect in fact, better than U.K. all because I listened to the line connection.

2. Unplug all two way connectors to phones etc. They cause problems.

3. Very important: close all running programmes, even anti virus, they will interfere with dial up connection.

4. If you get a bad connection, hang up and wait a few minutes, don't just reconnect.

Wilson Steer. (Only person in Thailand with a 80% good dial up connection).

......Line Quality: Listen to your line, if it has noise, hang up and try again, turn on your modem computer speaker to listen to the dial tone........

First rate advice. Any line noise will negatively effect speed.
....Wilson Steer. (Only person in Thailand with a 80% good dial up connection).

^ Now this is a truly "happy camper". What more could anyone ask for?

I would agree. A fast connection is better than Prozac, when it comes to maintaining one's sanity.

cheers :o

Wilson,

Be on a 256/128 adsl line for two days and you will not be a happy dial up customer anymore :o:D

It just puts the oomp into internet again, these broadband links...

Having the hotmail log in page appear in less then 2 seconds, including all advertising pics....