Cement-mixers In High Speed Chase Crash

SEAtramp

28th march:Both ended up in the central carriageway after breaking an electricity pole

At 8pm on March 26, Police Major Prateep Tongdee, inquiry inspector at Pattaya Police Station, received word that two cement-mixer lorries were in a high speed chase on Sukhumvit Road. The police major immediately alerted his men on patrol to check out this bizarre report. The two trucks were then spotted, one clearly trying to catch up with the other. So patrol cars joined in on the pursuit and tried to flag them both down. In doing so something went wrong, resulting the lorries colliding with each another sending them both into the central carriageway breaking an electricity pole.

No one was seriously hurt and the two drivers were immediately arrested and questioned. It appears that Baanyaa Kambaanyaa, 30, and Piewut Malart, also 30, worked for a cement mixing company on Soi Nongpangkare and had been drinking close to work when they got into a disagreement which escalated into a brawl. Baanya, who was clearly losing the fight, decided to leg and jump into his vehicle and drive away. Piewut wasn't finished with him and so jumped into his cement-mixer and gave chase.

Seems there is enough concrete evidence to charge them :o

The only thing that surprise me is that there isn't more accidents on Sukhumvit. The Lorries (cement mixers are among the worst) and busses generally race 80+ km/h through red lights at the intersections, it's only a matter of time before a scoop of motorbikes become kebab.

On the subject of cement mixers. Did anyone hear about the guy who got killed inside his cement mixer. It was in December on Soi 7. The driver decides to get inside his mixer (?) and the mixer starts spinning around with him inside it. Ghastly death.

I wonder where the traffic police were who work out of the numerous police boxes on every junction of Sukhumvit Road from Naklua through to Jomtien and why did the main police handle the call as opposed to the traffic police. Too many questions and no answers as normal.

Cement-mixers in high speed chase crash

Both ended up in the central carriageway after breaking an electricity pole

At 8pm on March 26, Police Major Prateep Tongdee, inquiry inspector at Pattaya Police Station, received word that two cement-mixer lorries were in a high speed chase on Sukhumvit Road. The police major immediately alerted his men on patrol to check out this bizarre report. The two trucks were then spotted, one clearly trying to catch up with the other. So patrol cars joined in on the pursuit and tried to flag them both down. In doing so something went wrong, resulting the lorries colliding with each another sending them both into the central carriageway breaking an electricity pole.

No one was seriously hurt and the two drivers were immediately arrested and questioned. It appears that Baanyaa Kambaanyaa, 30, and Piewut Malart, also 30, worked for a cement mixing company on Soi Nongpangkare and had been drinking close to work when they got into a disagreement which escalated into a brawl. Baanya, who was clearly losing the fight, decided to leg and jump into his vehicle and drive away. Piewut wasn't finished with him and so jumped into his cement-mixer and gave chase.

Both men were locked up will face many charges including reckless driving and being drunk behind the wheel.

-Pattaya People

I've seen similar along Sukhumvit in Pattaya... :D

Races between garbage trucks... races between baht busses... races between tourist busses... and of course races between motorcycles... :o

These are all part of daily life on the road in Pattaya, and the police never seem to be there at the right time to stop it from happening. Their role seems to be a reactive one rather than proactive. :D

Of more concern to me this morning on the way to work, was the carcass of a water buffalo on the side of Sukhumvit road, in the centre strip, half in the dividing ditch, and the trails of black skid marks immediately before and after the carcass... obviously a multiple car/animal collision. :D

On the subject of cement mixers. Did anyone hear about the guy who got killed inside his cement mixer. It was in December on Soi 7. The driver decides to get inside his mixer (?) and the mixer starts spinning around with him inside it. Ghastly death.

Suicide

But please realise that if the water is added at the batch-plant (normal practice because the quantity is then accurately controlled) there is a limited time to get to the pour-site and off-load. If the site is 30 or 40 km from the batcher, then the driver will be moving! Doesn't want the whole 6 or 7 cubic metres to 'go off' on the way.

Same goes for asphalt haulers - the mix is put in the truck at somewhat over 200 degrees, should be used at over 172 degrees. So again - long haul / big rush.

Suicide

.......suicide, accident or was it murder? .... Who the ###### would climb into the cement mixer??.....

Who turned it on?? ....Strange way to commit suicide :o

Races between garbage trucks... races between baht busses... races between tourist busses... and of course races between motorcycles...   :o

All of this only to end up just in front of you, at the next red traffic light. :D

I saw an idiot jump in the lane from a u turn, his pick up truck did what looked like a figure skater's routine. He almost swiped 4 motorcycles in the process. All of this only to turn at the gas station 20 meters further down. Just couldn't wait.. :D

I got my driver's licences for the car and motorcycle today. The useless practical tests conducted in a parking lot explain a lot of the driver's skills on the roads. :D

A car almost hit us as we drove in front of the Vehicle's Bureau :D

The biggest part of the problem is a dangerous lack of courtesy from most drivers.

Races between garbage trucks... races between baht busses... races between tourist busses... and of course races between motorcycles...   :o

All of this only to end up just in front of you, at the next red traffic light. :D

I saw an idiot jump in the lane from a u turn, his pick up truck did what looked like a figure skater's routine. He almost swiped 4 motorcycles in the process. All of this only to turn at the gas station 20 meters further down. Just couldn't wait.. :D

I got my driver's licences for the car and motorcycle today. The useless practical tests conducted in a parking lot explain a lot of the driver's skills on the roads. :D

A car almost hit us as we drove in front of the Vehicle's Bureau :D

The biggest part of the problem is a dangerous lack of courtesy from most drivers.

Too true penzman... and that lack of courtesy combined with size of the vehicle compounds the danger. :D

You really do have to have your wits about you to drive on the roads here without incident.