Iphone 3gs Sound Only Left From Speakers

nikster

The iPhone 3GS kinda looks like it has stereo speakers at the bottom.

But on mine, sound only comes out of one of them when I play back music, or listen to ringtones. I accidentally found this when I covered up the left speaker with my finger - sound was gone completely.

Can other 3GS owners check theirs - is the iPhone for some reason playing back in mono? Or is this a problem with my phone?

I am under warranty from True so could just return it...

The iPhone 3GS kinda looks like it has stereo speakers at the bottom.

But on mine, sound only comes out of one of them when I play back music, or listen to ringtones. I accidentally found this when I covered up the left speaker with my finger - sound was gone completely.

Can other 3GS owners check theirs - is the iPhone for some reason playing back in mono? Or is this a problem with my phone?

I am under warranty from True so could just return it...

Yup I have that problem some reports on the net are giving this Apple yet to comment. Hoping a firmware fix will resolve this.

It should be both speakers. Also listen for distiortion on Ringtone and SMS tone. I have listened to 3 different phones in MBK and all exhibit the same problem.

However others on the web are reporting normal stereo from both speakers..

Weird one.

Yeah, yeah keep rubbing it in guys.

It seems you are not the only one having been tricked, if you read forums around.. Some people actually reported having been able to exchange their iphone against a new one for this... :)

Phil