Any Problem Connecting Separate Vcr And Cd Player

steveb

I now have a VCR and would also like to have a CD player. Is there any problems having two separate units when connecting. I mean can I just disconnect the cable from the VCR and connect the CD player. Or, do I have to reset everything when I do it.

If your tv won't accept two different inputs, then suggest you buy a splitter box. You can pick these up in many shopping centres fairly cheaply and they allow multiple input and just the one output. Good for plugging in games consols too.

Much will depend on your TV set, and whether or not it has 1 or more video/audio inputs on the rear panel (near where you connect the TV antenna). Most TV's two years old or newer have at least one video/audio input. Many have 3 or more.

If your TV only has 1 video/audio input, you can hook-up the VCR so that the TV antenna cable is first attached to the VCR's ANT-IN, then a second short coax-cable is run from the VCR's ANT-OUT connector to the TV's ANT-IN connector. Now connect the DVD player to the TV's video/audio inputs. Your VCR is viewed by setting the TV to a predetermined channel and starting VCR tape. DVD is viewed by selecting TV's VIDEO INPUT. (This info should be detailed w/pictures in either the TV, VCR or DVD owners manual, if you still have them.)

If your TV does not have any video/audio inputs, then your best bet is to buy an inexpensive RF SWITCH BOX. You first connect the ANTENNA, VCR and DVD to the switch box, then connect the switch box to your TV's antenna input. Push buttons on the switch box are used to select which device you wish to view on the TV.

Most stores selling TV's, DVD's and VCR's are well acquanted with these procedures and one of their tech's should be able to diagram it for you.

good luck :o