Why Double Click?

lemel

I am having problems when I am on ThaiVisa. I have to double click everything, its a pain to highlight anything, I cannot copy and paste. does anybody know what I can do?

I use opera as my web browser and I am only experienceing this with THavisa!

Many thanks if anybody can help.

I am having problems when I am on ThaiVisa. I have to double click everything, its a pain to highlight anything, I cannot copy and paste. does anybody know what I can do?

Try another browser for a few minutes if you can That way we can see if its a browser thing or something else.

cv

Try another browser for a few minutes if you can That way we can see if its a browser thing or something else.

cv

It must be a browser thing as it does not happen with explorer, but why has it just started happening now? any ideas on how to fix?

cv

It must be a browser thing as it does not happen with explorer, but why has it just started happening now? any ideas on how to fix?

I'm not good with opera, but I'll move this to the computer forum where there are Opera people who can hopefully help. :o

cv

cv

I'm not good with opera, but I'll move this to the computer forum where there are Opera people who can hopefully help. :o

cv

Cheers CV. It only happens when I use Thaivisa not when I use opera for anything else.

The only time I have had a similar problem to this is when the page has not fully loaded, and have had to press the stop button in order to get the focus back and to be able to cut & Paste. This has only happened a few times and has been more down to the internet connection than the web page itself.

One thing you could try is going into Preferences (Alt P) and "documents" and seeing what has been enabled/disabled. Opera has a fairly reasonable help file in the bottom right hand side of each window in Preferences also telling you what the default value was when installed incase you have changed anything by mistake.

Can you post a brief review of Opera in the Browser wars thread - seem like you have more experience of it than the rest of us.

Can't imagine why the double click won't work in just this site - have you ever had it working in this site, or did it just start happening?

The only time I have had a similar problem to this is when the page has not fully loaded, and have had to press the stop button in order to get the focus back and to be able to cut & Paste. This has only happened a few times and has been more down to the internet connection than the web page itself.

One thing you could try is going into Preferences (Alt P) and "documents" and seeing what has been enabled/disabled. Opera has a fairly reasonable help file in the bottom right hand side of each window in Preferences also telling you what the default value was when installed incase you have changed anything by mistake.

have tried that slim,thanks, but it does not have a default value when installed?

i am afraid I am abit of a numpty when it comes to computers so I do not think that I have changed any preferences as I would not know what I am doing. I suppose I will just have to use another browser when I go on Thaivisa......pain in the a#*e

Can you post a brief review of Opera in the Browser wars thread - seem like you have more experience of it than the rest of us.

Can't imagine why the double click won't work in just this site - have you ever had it working in this site, or did it just start happening?

Its just started happening in the past few days. I thought it was a problem with thaivisa itself as it is not affecting any other websites just here.

"have tried that slim,thanks, but it does not have a default value when installed?"

Whilst it does not have a "Return to default" button, the browser help does list what the default was. For Documents this will be:

Document CSS

Selects whether or not Opera should use all CSS defined in the

document. This is enabled as "Document" by default.

Document font and color

Selects whether or not Opera should use all fonts and colors

defined in the document. This is enabled as "Document" by default.

User CSS

Selects whether or not Opera should use all CSS defined by the user. This is

enabled as "User" by default.

User font and color

Selects whether or not Opera should use all fonts and colors

defined by the user. This is enabled as "User" by default.

User links

Links in documents can be turned off with this option, but that will make Web page navigation very difficult.

It is recommended that you keep them on for both "Document" and "User" if you don't specifically want

them off.

Tables

Selects whether Opera should enable tables. Enabled in both "Document" and

"User" by default.

Try going to this site http://bearpit.net/  its a political forum, but it runs on the same software this forum does, see if the problem continues there.

cv

tried it and do not have a problem everything works fine.

Odd. Does it show anything still loading while you try to click? If you hit the stop button first does it still do it?

This has kinda stumped me... sorry. :o

cv

Try going to this site http://bearpit.net/  its a political forum, but it runs on the same software this forum does, see if the problem continues there.

cv

tried it and do not have a problem everything works fine.

Odd. Does it show anything still loading while you try to click? If you hit the stop button first does it still do it?

This has kinda stumped me... sorry. :o

cv

No nothing, I am not sure what you mean about the stop button, sorry i am a bit of an eejit.