Make Broadband A Legal Right In Thailand?

Mobi

Headline in Today's Daily Telegraph:

Finland makes fast broadband a legal right

"The Finnish government has passed a law that entitles every person to a one megabit-per-second internet connection......."

Full article

How about sending a copy of this article to that clever, "internationally-minded" lady who heads up Thailand's ministry of Communication, with the suggestion that Thailand follows Finland's lead? :)

Reason for edit: Reducing my carbon footprint

Edited by Mobi

They can't even protect their international airport here from protesters.

I think it will be quite a long time before anything approaching a modern speed internet connection will be available in the land of Mango's and Coconuts

:):D

I guess there are more pressing issues like blocking websites and filtering the internet. Honestly, that nurse only made that to her mission as she basically has no idea about communications at all - apart from probably knowing how to use her mobile phone and switch on her computer. Blocking and filtering is something very simple, non-technical she can understand. It's also an area where you can quickly collect "figures" in order to prove the importance of your role and to promote yourself. Of course, that this doesnt help anyone and is just a retarded idea in general, doesnt matter. Also the delays in providing 3G network infrastructure to the people just expose her incompetence in dealing with serious or commercially relevant matters. Wonder who pulls the strings behind that puppet??

Edited by emsfeld

Are we using broadband in Thailand i thought we were just ultra fast dial up...

have to wait minutes for you tube videos - over 20 minutes to down the big trouble parts

this week has been terrible for internet speed...

They can't even protect their international airport here from protesters.

I think it will be quite a long time before anything approaching a modern speed internet connection will be available in the land of Mango's and Coconuts

sure send acopy of this and your 1000 bthto start internet :)

Are we using broadband in Thailand i thought we were just ultra fast dial up...

have to wait minutes for you tube videos - over 20 minutes to down the big trouble parts

this week has been terrible for internet speed...

why wouldnt you just torrent it? takes about 20 mins for the whole show. or do you prefer low res flash video to the real thing?

by the way my internet has been flawless all week.