Do You Cook? Can You Cook?

Jockstar

lampard10:

love the picyure of your Spag Bol - wish I could post pictures like that! As for the taste of that meal: don't know but I can tell you that I have been cooking Bolognese sauce for some 23 years. In a quick guess that would equate to about 20000 litres of tomatoes!

hey man, credit where credit is due, that's my Spag Bol :o

Ok. Firstly the reason for this thread was something mentioned in Bedlam. I could have posted there but i think we'll get a better response here. Mods can you not move this. The reason that its in general topics is because its the most popular. So anyway back to the question. Do you cook? Since Thai food here is so cheap. Do you even bother to cook Thai food. I and my other half. Cook quite often.But we also order downstairs at the restaurant or get take away. Many Thai dishes. But i also cook farang food. My missus is a great cook. Personally i'm not to bad myself. I can cook many different things.

Thai

Mexican

Indian.

Italian

and many other different things. I am by no means a qualified chef. I have stayed in many shared houses over the years so i have had to learn to cook. 2nd question. Can you cook? Or do you let the other half do it? If you want then you can even post some pics. I dont have any myself. But let us have a look and give your  our honest opinion. Only on how it looks as we havent tasted it.

Recently my mates girl was here for 10 days....I cooked her Laab and gai yang...she didnt think she could get laab here.....She was so impressed... :o

I also do Som tam and Thai chicken salad and Tom yum

I can cook quite a few different styles of dishes from other countries. Generally I do leave it to the other half to cook but I think it is nice to give them a night off and take over the kitchen once in a while....they sure appreciate it.

If I had my own house in Thailand and lived there then I would do the same as I would do here.....let her cook mostly but still give her a break everynow and then

Sounds like you have brought a little bit of Isaan Quality Culinary Art to Australia :D good on ya , our thai friends here in queensland take home doggy bags of our som tam and gai yang, we still can not get them to touch the famous meat free aussie steak pie or sausage :D pity we are to old to open a restauraunt, even though we are not trained chefs we often get invited to cook traditional Indian and thai dishes for our asian friends, when we have settled in huahin in may maybe some of the forum members would like to sample our Scouse Gai Yang :D Nignoy