Flight From Phuket To Chiang Mai

spiceman

Hi, Please could anybody tell me if there are flights from Phuket to Chiang mai direct. I have been told that flights go from Chiang mai to Phuket but not the other way round. Please could somebody confirm this. Not bothered which airline.

Thanks Tony

at the moment no, direcct flight there but not back, and what is more as there are 2 flights back that = 2 sets of taxes and they dont discount the fares accordingly so it cost a fair bit more to come back.

must go off to phucket on the direct flight now

I'm an optimist by nature, so I hope that Air Asia's new 'Phuket hub' might change this, currently Thai can only profitably fill a wide-body one-way CNX-Phuket once per-day, but surely AA could fill a smaller plane both ways, especially at their low prices ?

Roll-on the Chiang Mai 'hub', to bring in more overseas tourists for our empty hotels, and give us locals more direct international-connections going the other way ! :)

Thanks people. Gutted there is no Non stop flight! I've now been looking at the following connecting flights and wondered if I have enough time to make it.

Flight from Phuket to Bkk 12.50-14.10 (Air asia)

Flight from Bkk to Chiang mai 15.50-17.00 (Air asia)

Do you think this would be ok?

Thanks. Tony.

Depending on how long it is until you are going Air Asia have very recently announced that they will be indeed doing the CM - Phuket run in the near future. I am sure if you "google " it you will dig up the press release