Indoor Golf Simulators

expatgaz

Any help appreciated.Iam looking at getting one of these golf simulators installed in my house.Space etc is no issue.I want a good one,so need help of anyone to recommend the latest most upto date all singing & dancing model and where to buy.One that analyses my swing the lot.The complete full monty.Software with all the latest courses,basically Iam after the best one out there on the market.And just how good are they ???? how realistic etc ??

Hopefully this will get my handicap down......

EPG.

There is an indoor simulator at All Star Driving range in Bangkok. It measures the speed and trajectory of the ball, but not the spin.

Winding Golf in Bangkok also have these simulators, I think the ones here might be more advanced.

It might be worth popping over to these places and finding out the manufacturers and where to source this equipment.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello Expatgaz, hope this isn't too late to help!

First and foremost, consider your wish for "bell and whistles" with your indoor golf simulator. "Bells and whistles" denote "add-on" features which are supposed to give you expanded use (and value), usually at additional costs. Therefore, "Bells and whistles" only make sense when considered in comparison to a particular products "basic" unit's capabilities

Let's begin by comparing the P3proswing with Dancindogg, which are the only home golf simulators I know of under many thousands of dollars(US) for their units, and which do not use a tethered golf ball, which I will guess you are not interested in?

The P3ProSwing's basic unit does not come with the essential protective turf covering needed for proper operation. Thus, the turf cover falls under your "bells and whistles" category and costs $400USD. The P3proswing also requires the addition of magnetic tape via its special applicator tool to each club in order for the unit to register feedback. The tape is not permanent and must be replaced periodically, which is another "bell and whistle" element where costs vary from $60 to several hundred dollars depending on package sizes. Neither of these facts are generally advertised by P3ProSwing. Finally, P3ProSwing discloses its basic unit does not come with golf courses to play on and only includes a practice driving range. Thus, golf courses are another "bell and whistle" element. P3proswing offers course package from several hundred to $1000 USD.

Dancindogg has only one unit which comes with turf cover. No tape is required for the unit to supply feedback, although it does require fluorescent lighting for ideal operation. Finally, Dancindogg comes with both a practice driving range and several golf courses like US Open courses Bethpage Black, Torrey Pines and others. All future available courses like Thailand's Black Mountain course coming in late December/09 are free and available via intern downloading.

A final thought about the authentic need for and value of "bells and whistles" for any home golf simulator purchases.

As of 2009, all "state of the art" home golf simulators e.g "fullswing","P3proswing, Dancindogg or any of the other equivalent models, all offer basically the same critical feedback information and all have comparable visual graphics. While some do offer more bits of information, these additional "bells and whistles" are generally only useful to professional club fitters and in almost every case do not apply to the authentic needs of golfers, whether "hackers" or 3 and 4 handicap players.

Ps/ Both of these simulators now have representatives in Thailand, you can send me a PM to get their info if that helps.

• 2 years later...