Security/armoured Door (exterior). Where To Buy?

sideshow

Hi everybody,

I am looking at upgrading my condo's security and would like to replace my front door with some type of reinforced / Armoured door. By this I mean a door with steel lining and a veneer wood finish (or something similar). There is a place in Pattaya called Scorpoin doors which do steel doors with a wood type paint effect finish but they come in rather obscure Chinese sizes. They are 15cm's wider and 7cm taller than your standard door and I really don't wan't to start ripping out door frames and brickwork. Does anybody know of a company in Bangkok or surrounding area where I might have any luck? Cheers, I look forward to your replies.

I really don't wan't to start ripping out door frames and brickwork.

No point having a steel reinforced door panel hinged and locked to timber frames.

There are contractors installing steel doors complete with steel frames. Search Google. All you need is to finish the surfaces with timber like laminate.

Edited by trogers

this is somethnig I was just thinking about last week.

I was a mech/fabracation engineer in my past life (ex M.O.D contractor blah blah blah), I was thinking of security and the ugly steel gates that people have, this got me to thinking of building a good looking steel door.

the place were I live at the moment does not need any steel doors, as we have them already so my thoughts came to a sudden end, "what do I do with a steel door after I have made it?"

now that I see your posting you hve me interested again as I think this could be an interesting business opertunity in Thailand, custom doors.

it is possible to fit a door and not have to replace the frame, all that is needed is some creative re-inforcing and making the door 8mm smaller.

so if you are interested in having a custom made door then I would be happy to build one at cost as a test project after all I have way to much time on my hands and to many tools here!! (Bangkok)

the positive thing is that there are lots of fabracation shops about that do some stunning work in stainless steel so it could be something that follows on to helping local business's.

if you are interested then drop me a PM it might be just the thing to keep me off the streets for a while :)

• 2 years later...

No point having a steel reinforced door panel hinged and locked to timber frames.

There are contractors installing steel doors complete with steel frames. Search Google. All you need is to finish the surfaces with timber like laminate.

yep.. sure I've seen that in Bangkok with a solid frame steel door and frame but they mounted it all in a wood frame; which was heavy and fallling out, cracking all over.

TIT

this is somethnig I was just thinking about last week.

I was a mech/fabracation engineer in my past life (ex M.O.D contractor blah blah blah), I was thinking of security and the ugly steel gates that people have, this got me to thinking of building a good looking steel door.

the place were I live at the moment does not need any steel doors, as we have them already so my thoughts came to a sudden end, "what do I do with a steel door after I have made it?"

now that I see your posting you hve me interested again as I think this could be an interesting business opertunity in Thailand, custom doors.

it is possible to fit a door and not have to replace the frame, all that is needed is some creative re-inforcing and making the door 8mm smaller.

so if you are interested in having a custom made door then I would be happy to build one at cost as a test project after all I have way to much time on my hands and to many tools here!! (Bangkok)

the positive thing is that there are lots of fabracation shops about that do some stunning work in stainless steel so it could be something that follows on to helping local business's.

if you are interested then drop me a PM it might be just the thing to keep me off the streets for a while unsure.gif

Some people like to keep the door open but secure themselves behind the ugly steel gates, this allows some airflow through the place. How would a solid door achieve this ?

Some people like to keep the door open but secure themselves behind the ugly steel gates, this allows some airflow through the place. How would a solid door achieve this ?

You open it. Seriously that was a silly question.

If you really want this then a solid door and a steel gate would be needed both.

Edited by Khun Jean

Thats why you drill through the wooden frame and secure against the surrounding brickwork...silly...tongue.png

The best sort of security doors I have seen (not in Thailand) are something called Trellisdoor with slam locks, when not used or required they "fold" and can barely be seen

Edited by Soutpeel