Chinese New Year 2010

CeeGee

Having been to Nakhon Sawan a few times the GF who comes from near there tells me that they always have very big celebrations for the Chinese New Year.Can anyone give me information, from a farang point of view.Some indication of the scale of things, timetable (I think its about Feb 14th next year) and is it worth staying over for a few days and if so do the hotels get booked up early.??

Thanks for any assistance

Having been to Nakhon Sawan a few times the GF who comes from near there tells me that they always have very big celebrations for the Chinese New Year.Can anyone give me information, from a farang point of view.Some indication of the scale of things, timetable (I think its about Feb 14th next year) and is it worth staying over for a few days and if so do the hotels get booked up early.??

Thanks for any assistance

Hi,

The chinese new year in nakhonsawan is a big thing! here is some info about it .It also steadily grows. To my knowledge hotels do get booked up before, but personally i think mostly by Thai's maybe by some foreigners too.

Timetable, i am not in the know where to get one now. Is it worth to stay a few days?...if chinese new year and the things about interest you , i think it is a must do. Remember most of the do's during chinese new year is at night and over a few days prior to the procession there is a lot of happenings at the Night market area as well..

I went to last years procession and i was told that they do another one the next day as too many people where there....so i saw the day 1 procession

It is said that the chinese new year celebration in Nakhonsawan is the second largest in Thailand, that maybe actually true. Nakhonsawan has a very high percentage of Chinese (& Thai/chinese) population -that the reason why...

Take your time and have a look around the timetable will come out closer to the festivities i am sure of ....

hope that helps,

mbox

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys, re my post above in Oct as we are now getting a bit nearer to the Chinese New Year, can anyone give me some up to date information so I can do someplanning ie hotels car hire etc

thanks

Edited by CeeGee