• Latest posts...

1. 45

Reasons of change

2. 45

Reasons of change

3. 45

Reasons of change

4. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

5. 112

Thai Police Bust Multi-Million Baht Sex Toy Smuggling Ring

6. 45

Reasons of change

7. 45

Reasons of change

8. 6

Thai woman sends husband to prison for raping 13 year old niece

9. 45

Reasons of change

10. 10

Why Doesnt "Me Too" Apply to Democrats?

11. 123

Why Do You Even Drink?

12. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

Chiang Mai, Where To Go New Year

thaicbr

Hi it seems that we (girlfriend and I) are coming up to CM and CR for the New year. Where and what New year parties are going on in CM, I would prefer a British style New Year.

Any info would be great. It will be my 1st time up north and i am so looking forward to it.

Thanks Allan

Chas usually has something going at Tuskers. Most of the major hotels will have something. I like a quiet time with one or two of my ladies depending on who is available.

If you are having two ladies all to yourself, do you mind if I join you?

Otherwise as far as I know, there is bugger all going on in Chiang Mai for the New Year.

Do not forget that Thais celebrate our New Year as faithfully as we do. There are big and small parties all over the place that fit every budget.

If you like expensive dinners and dancing there are several first class hotels that do that. If you rather spend a little less, but still eat some good food, the Duke's is right on the river and the guy who runs the place can be a lot of fun if his wife allows him to.

There are lots of clubs for couples around and many do something for New Years.

I'm single, so I prefer to go to some of the hostess bars in the Thapae gate area and at Midnight lots of Thais and foreigners head for the Gate to light off powerful fireworks and send up hot air ballons to fill the sky.

A couple could party at the Brix restaurant in the Montri Hotel right across the street. They have a live band and plenty of outdoor seating (it will be quite cool by then) and you can see much of what is going on at Thapae Gate.

You need to do a little planning, but there is plenty to do.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Don't stay in any one place all night....that's boring.

Go to Thapae Gate area, go in and out of any bar, mix with the Thai's, send up a lantern, watch the pop show........

My son and daughter were here last year and thought it was a blast!