Good Seafood In Bkk Area

aikawa

One of Bangkok's best seafood places is Lek Seafood, right under Chong Nonsi BTS station. Read this.

Lao Lao, Phahonyothin Rd (Between Sois 7 and 9 - BTS Station Ari) is an awesome Thai-Chinese seafood restaurant, renowned all over the city.

And Khinlom Chomsaphan is a beautiful riverside place off Samsen Road (just tell a taxi driver "Samsen soi 3"). Here's a review from the New York Times.

On Silom Road betwee Soi 7 and 5, there's a streetfood place with a tank of live prawns outside on the sidewalk and a few tables in the adjacent alley, who has an incredible squid with garlic-lime sauce. A big feed will set you back less than 100 baht.

Chinatown got 2 major seafood dining. 1 is dressed in red which is a road side make shift stall located directly beside T&K Seafood which is dressed in green. So which one is better? I tried the T&K before, it was just normal.

I would give Lek Seafood a try thou.

I do see alot of people eating at some make shift seafood dining along the road near CentralWorld. The 1st stall located nearest to CentralWorld always seem to be packed to the brim. Anyone tried the food there??

One of Bangkok's best seafood places is Lek Seafood, right under Chong Nonsi BTS station. Read this.

Lao Lao, Phahonyothin Rd (Between Sois 7 and 9 - BTS Station Ari) is an awesome Thai-Chinese seafood restaurant, renowned all over the city.

And Khinlom Chomsaphan is a beautiful riverside place off Samsen Road (just tell a taxi driver "Samsen soi 3"). Here's a review from the New York Times.

On Silom Road betwee Soi 7 and 5, there's a streetfood place with a tank of live prawns outside on the sidewalk and a few tables in the adjacent alley, who has an incredible squid with garlic-lime sauce. A big feed will set you back less than 100 baht.

Khinlom Chomsaphan looks great. Is it near any BTS or MRT station?? Not really a taxi person with the sort of heavy traffic in bangkok.

No, it's not near the BTS or MRT. Traffic in the evening to Samsen Road is fine. Fare from Sukhumvit area, for example, would be around 80 baht, takes about 25 minutes, maybe. If you're going at midday, take the BTS to Saphan Taksin and the Chao Phraya Express boat to pier #14 and walk from there.

You should overcome your aversion to taxis, though. It's a great big interesting city, and there's lots more to it than the limited area covered by the BTS and MRT. And taxis in Bangkok are cheap and reliable.

I do see alot of people eating at some make shift seafood dining along the road near CentralWorld. The 1st stall located nearest to CentralWorld always seem to be packed to the brim. Anyone tried the food there??

I'm wondering about that too.

So anyone here managed to give that stall a try??

Try Somboon Seafoed. There something like 5 locations in Bangkok, but I have only been to the one on Surawong and Narathiwat. Best known for the crab curry, but there is lots more.

TH

If I am not mistaken there is another one on Ratchada (Huay Kwang) -if it is the same group the food is good.

Seafood Palace was crap and is no longer there, it took down the excellent pool club that was above it as well much to the disma of the pool playing expat community.

Probably the best all round seafood experience in Bangkok is the Seafood Market on Suk Soi 24, the food there is superb but it has a price tag to match.

There are actually two seafood restaurants on Soi 24, I believe, the one I like has the sign that hangs out over the street. I think it says, If it swims we have it" or something like that. You are right, it isn't cheap but the food is great. I don't know about the other place, guess I'll have to check it out next time I am in BKK! :)

Seafood Palace was crap and is no longer there, it took down the excellent pool club that was above it as well much to the disma of the pool playing expat community.

Probably the best all round seafood experience in Bangkok is the Seafood Market on Suk Soi 24, the food there is superb but it has a price tag to match.

There are actually two seafood restaurants on Soi 24, I believe, the one I like has the sign that hangs out over the street. I think it says, If it swims we have it" or something like that. You are right, it isn't cheap but the food is great. I don't know about the other place, guess I'll have to check it out next time I am in BKK! :)

Which restaurant are you referring to? Care to intro??

Try Somboon Seafoed. There something like 5 locations in Bangkok, but I have only been to the one on Surawong and Narathiwat. Best known for the crab curry, but there is lots more.

TH

If I am not mistaken there is another one on Ratchada (Huay Kwang) -if it is the same group the food is good.

I have been there. I did not like the food even their best known crab curry.

I love Beer-Hima [Frozen Beer] in Phrachaniwetch on Vibhawadee-Rangsit Rd. - yes it's is far. And there are lots of decent seafood restaurant on Kaset-Nawamin rd.

Edited by thithi

The restaurant being referred to can be found in the link here (it's not cheap).

post-61198-1257222976_thumb.jpg

It's different to any other restaurant in that, you shop for your seafood and veg in the restaurant's own little 'supermarket', go though a check out, then your waiter takes your goods for the chef to cook them up to your liking.

• 2 weeks later...

The restaurant being referred to can be found in the link here (it's not cheap).

post-61198-1257222976_thumb.jpg

It's different to any other restaurant in that, you shop for your seafood and veg in the restaurant's own little 'supermarket', go though a check out, then your waiter takes your goods for the chef to cook them up to your liking.

For the seafood market that you are refering to. How do i get there? I checked the website but i did not manage to find any maps or information on getting there? I would be staying near Pratunam area (baiyoke botique).