From Koh Chang To Cambodia With Boat

0zz1

Im going to be in Koh Kruut near Koh Chang next month and I need to continue from there to Cambodia and just thinking if there would be any boats going to Cambodia... i will need to get to Phong Phen and I would have around 30 hrs time to travel.

Anyone? timetables? from where to where? prices? suggestion... is there better ways... to Trang and with bus?

Im going to be in Koh Kruut near Koh Chang next month and I need to continue from there to Cambodia and just thinking if there would be any boats going to Cambodia... i will need to get to Phong Phen and I would have around 30 hrs time to travel.

Anyone? timetables? from where to where? prices? suggestion... is there better ways... to Trang and with bus?

wrong thinking-such a boat does not exist-nor has it ever been.

You may even have thought of the other idea-as you can rent taxi/tuktuk-rent a boat too-you will land into emi+imigration problems.

Youll have to go back mainland/Thai (BTW thats TRAT-Trang is some 1000 kms away and in the south beyond Krabi-dont confuse this!)-and then -for all the info-just scroll up a few lines-there is BKk to Sihanouk- post and about any ctmr. of that part of trip is covered there.

also: google for whitesandspublications-those guys tdo that free Koh Chang guidebook-it also has all that info online. The capital of Camb. is named Pnom Penh (Panomh Penh in Thai)

Oh-it might save some time-but likely not cost-to hire a private boat to set you down on the coast-as long as its THAIland proper still-that long end slowly narrowing strip of land toward the border. You likely look at a few 1000 for that-the just follow he mainland route.

Koh Kruut - I guess is Koh Kood. From there take the speedboat to the mainland, take a pick up truck taxi to Trat Bus Station, then take the shared minibus to the border about 80 minutes drive.

Cross the border and then haggle a price for a taxi to Phnom Penh, maybe around US$70-80. You'll be there by the evening.

Or if you want to use public transport, you will probably have to stay the night in Koh Kong and next morning take a bus to Phnom Penh about 5 hours drive away. There is a good road all the way. Can do it in under 30 hours without any hassles.

Could even take a boat from Koh Kood to Koh Chang then have a night on Koh Chang and the next morning take the shared minibus to Phnom Penh, would be in PP by late evening. Buy tickets for minibus from any tour agent

• 3 weeks later...

New !! ( november 2009 )There is now a speed boat between Koh Mak to the cambodian border ( had leck ) VIA KOH KOOD every wednesday , Friday Sunday

The name of this new boat is AO THAI EXPRESS .More informations , schedules and tel contact on smile koh mak web site

Had leck Tel 08 00 92 34 08

Koh Kood : Tel 08 18 63 35 25

Koh Chang : Tel 08 19 82 98 76

• 1 year later...

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but was wondering if anyone has actually taken the speedboat from Ko Chang or the other islands to the Cambodian border? Cheers.

The Ao Thai Express service has seized their service to Haat Lek after trying it for a couple of months last year. Private boats are more along the 1X.XXX rate. I'd go with the minibus by land option, if I where you.