Longtail To Railay Scam

beammeup

I purchased a return longtail ticket to Railay from Aonang. When I wanted to take the boat back only one boat would take the ticket and he was way down the beach. When I got there he said we needed 8 people (although if I paid the extra he would take me right away!!) I found a group of 5 with backpacks and convinced them to take my boat. The boat driver told them that he would only take people with a return ticket and they could not buy a ticket from Railay. I waited for over an hr and it became obvious that there were no others with return tickets so I was screwed. Funny though you can not get to Railay without a ticket.

I purchased a return longtail ticket to Railay from Aonang. When I wanted to take the boat back only one boat would take the ticket and he was way down the beach. When I got there he said we needed 8 people (although if I paid the extra he would take me right away!!) I found a group of 5 with backpacks and convinced them to take my boat. The boat driver told them that he would only take people with a return ticket and they could not buy a ticket from Railay. I waited for over an hr and it became obvious that there were no others with return tickets so I was screwed. Funny though you can not get to Railay without a ticket.

WHAT A SHAME....

WHAT A SHAMELESS TACTIC....

what did you do to get back? paying another fare on top of the return tix....?

i would probably lure him off his boat.... lol

we had same problem last year when we was on a different beach on railey there were no boats there you just ring the number on your boat ticket and speak to people in ticket office ,they sent a boat around to pick us up.it did take 3 phone calls though

You can always get to Railey without a ticket you just have to pay an exorbitant amount for a private longtail.

Yes, the scam there is also to make you wait past 6:00 and then they make you pay the exorbitant fare to get back (600).

It's too bad as the local bars would make a lot in sunset drinks were you not forced to return at 4:45.