Work Permit On A Non O

I was just informed by the Labor ministry here that you can't get a work permit on a Non O marraige Visa.

Now, the immigration ministry says YES you can but labor has a different rule it seems.

Doesn't make a lot of sense that you aren't allowed to support a Thai citizen while in Thailand. Does anyone know if this is really true or are they jerking me around?

I was told I had to change my Hard won expensive marraige visa to a business visa through my school. This is insane!

greg

Where is Thailand are you located? In Bnagkok, we get Work Permits all the time for Class O entry permit holders - if they meet the standards.

My work permit is issued against a Class O entry permit - albeit many times extended

Do you have teacher's license?

I have on several occasions run into situations where schools lied to teachers, telling them that "Work Permit Office" insisted they had to go cancel Class O status, and get a Class B visa, thus making the tecaher dependent upon the school for continued stay in Thailand. This is some school's way of making a teacher an indentured servant.

Last week, we had a teacher incoming to Bangkok from up-country (with Thai wife) come to our office with such a story. Once we armed him with correct info, the school suddenly changed its tune.

If you want to visit us and talk to Khun "Beer" at our office (and show her your papers), she can sort out the real deal.

Good luck!

Steve Sykes

Managing Director

Indo-Siam Group

Bangkok

[email protected]

www.thaistartup.com