Pr Question - No Tax Receipts

Hi,

I did go through the pinned post on PR but was unable to find a concrete answer to my main query.

I am an Indian male national married to a Thai citizen and have successfully extended my one year visa 3 consecutive times in Phuket. We also have a child together who is a Thai national. I want to apply for Permanent Residency.

I am unemployed and have NO TAX RECEIPTS to show but my wife is employed with a very healthy income and has tax receipts for the past 3 years. I however have a good bank balance and stocks/funds investments to show in case the question of my assets comes up for PR qualification. We also have our own house (our asset) here in Phuket.

My questions:

1. Am I eligible for PR since I have not paid any taxes?

2. If Yes for point 1, can I apply for it in Phuket or can it be done only in Bangkok?

Please let me know on the above at your earliest.

Best Regards,

Loki

Hi,

I did go through the pinned post on PR but was unable to find a concrete answer to my main query.

I am an Indian male national married to a Thai citizen and have successfully extended my one year visa 3 consecutive times in Phuket. We also have a child together who is a Thai national. I want to apply for Permanent Residency.

I am unemployed and have NO TAX RECEIPTS to show but my wife is employed with a very healthy income and has tax receipts for the past 3 years. I however have a good bank balance and stocks/funds investments to show in case the question of my assets comes up for PR qualification. We also have our own house (our asset) here in Phuket.

My questions:

1. Am I eligible for PR since I have not paid any taxes?

2. If Yes for point 1, can I apply for it in Phuket or can it be done only in Bangkok?

Please let me know on the above at your earliest.

Best Regards,

Loki

Sorry mate no chance. It has to be your income and it sounds like your hear on a marriage extension they will not look at you unless you are working.

Sorry mate no chance. It has to be your income and it sounds like your hear on a marriage extension they will not look at you unless you are working.

My question was more towards the PR and not an extension....I can always get the extension based on marriage to a Thai national with the bank balance I have.No issues on extension....just wanted to try the PR route...

My question was more towards the PR and not an extension....I can always get the extension based on marriage to a Thai national with the bank balance I have.No issues on extension....just wanted to try the PR route...

If you look at the excellent post from Camerata about applying for PR, you will see its very clear you cannot get PR without having had a work permit and paying income taxes for 3 years.

I just asked about this at immigration in BKK last month and confirm what is said above...

You must be working with tax receipts for more than 3 years... there is no flexability on this point.

If at aplication time you have only been working for 2 yrs and 11mo, you will need to wait until the foillowing year to apply