Changing Employment Visa Question

Situation: My work permit was cancelled on 31/3 thus canceling the corresponding visa. It is my understanding that I have 7 days to apply for a new work permit/visa with my new employer. However, the person who handles work permits for my new company is out until after Songran Holidays, therefore I cannot apply for a new work permit within the allotted 7 days. I do have a contract and employment letter. Is there anything I can do so I don't have to make a visa run? I don't think I should have to waste 8,000 baht on a Visa run to Penang/Vientiene?

Thanks!

Did you have an EXTENDED extry permit issued on the basis of a non-immigrant visa? If so, what is the expiration date of that entry permit.

Forget the underlying visa - I am only asking about entry permit - stamp received inside Thailand.

If you only had a 90 day entry permit, without extension, you have nothing to worry about. If you had an extended entry permit, the you probably still have only a fine to worry about. But - if your EXTENDED permit expires, you have to

start over.

Thanks.

Steve

Indo-Siam