Pattaya Police Determined To Stamp-out Motorbike Theft.

Rimmer

Pattaya, October 22 [PATTAYA ONE NEWS] : Motorbike theft is a big problem here in Pattaya and local Police are determined to stamp-out this crime with constant early morning raids on locations suspected of storing stolen motorbikes and spare parts. Just before dawn on Thursday, Police and volunteers gathered in the car park of Pattaya Police Station and were given details of 10 locations they intended to raid. The operation was not as successful as they wanted it to be and only a small amount of suspected stolen spare parts were seized. Some people were detained for further questioning but as of Thursday Afternoon, nobody has been formally charged in relation to the operation. Despite this, Pattaya Police confirmed they will continue these operations as they are determined to stamp out motorbike theft here in Pattaya.

Source:

http://www.pattayaone.net/news/2009/octobe...2_10_52_2.shtml

post-22250-1256218150_thumb.jpg

post-22250-1256218166_thumb.jpg

Just before dawn on Thursday, Police and volunteers gathered in the car park of Pattaya Police Station and were given details of 10 locations they intended to raid.

The operation was not as successful as they wanted it to be and only a small amount of suspected stolen spare parts were seized.

Well what do you expect when the crims are briefed prior to the raids?

For about 15 years ago,when I lived in Pattaya,my MC was stolen. I parked on "the Golden mile",went into a bar to look for somebody and was out again in 3-4 minutes. My MC was gone,the MC-taxis,who had there stand where i had parked it,had not seen anything,a policepickup with some MC´s on it,had just passed by,the policeboth did not want to act,I had to file a report.Some time later it was in the news: a band of policemen was found out to be behind most of the thefts!!So it´s nice to read that they now try to catch the thieves although I can not but wonder why it was´t succesful....

Banglamung Police arrest suspected Motorbike thief.

Pattaya, October 23 [PATTAYA ONE NEWS] : On Friday Morning, Police Lieutenant Colonel Supachat, Deputy Chief of Banglamung Police Station led an operation in Soi Nonghin in Nongprue based on intelligence received that stolen motorbikes along with spare parts were being kept at the location. Police arrived and detained Khun Nalong aged 24. A search of the house uncovered spare parts and 2 motorbikes which were found to be stolen. Khun Nalong, confessed at the scene to steal motorbikes on a regular basis and depending on the state of the bike, he would either sell the bikes or strip them down for spare parts. He would use the money from his illegal business to purchase Yabba Tablets. He was later charged with multiple counts of motorbike theft and is currently behind bars pending a court appearance.

Source:

http://www.pattayaone.net/news/2009/octobe...3_10_52_2.shtml

post-22250-1256305831_thumb.jpg

post-22250-1256305851_thumb.jpg

Local Government official detains two men suspected of stealing Motorbikes.

Pattaya, October 27 [PATTAYA ONE NEWS] : In the early hours of Tuesday Morning, Khun Pongsit, Deputy Chief of Banglamung District was on patrol with a group of civil defense volunteers close to the Million Year Old Park and Crocodile Farm located East of Pattaya when he spotted two men dismantling a motorbike in front of an apartment complex. They approached the two men who appeared to be attempting to steal a total of 3 motorbikes. The three bikes and the two suspects Khun Tawatshai aged 21 and a 17 year old boy were taken to Banglamung Police Station for processing where they confessed to stealing bikes on a regular basis and they would sell them on and would use the money to purchase Yabba Tablets.

Source:

http://www.pattayaone.net/news