Chiang Mai - Is It Safe?

KevinHunt

The fact of the mater is that everyone has known the 2 or 3 names that Kevin has taken since the last time K. Hunt and his restaurant has been banned. I posted a ditty about how he was on the sly promoting his restaurant and it was deleted.

The Red Loin is a Night Bazaar restaurant and the locals do not go to it. Make him pay for sponsorship, what a cheap bastard.

I forgot to say that I really like his posts though.

cheap bastard! - isit okay to insult someone that cant reply .i never saw him insult a fellow poster, did you? plenty of locals go to red lion, but no no-class riffraff like you.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The fact of the mater is that everyone has known the 2 or 3 names that Kevin has taken since the last time K. Hunt and his restaurant has been banned. I posted a ditty about how he was on the sly promoting his restaurant and it was deleted.

The Red Loin is a Night Bazaar restaurant and the locals do not go to it. Make him pay for sponsorship, what a cheap bastard.

cheap bastard! - isit okay to insult someone that cant reply .i never saw him insult a fellow poster, did you? plenty of locals go to red lion, but no no-class riffraff like you.

He didn't say Red Lion; he said Red Loin. I took that to be some place where your loins get red. Maybe some kinky place where you rub chili pepper on your crotch. :)

He didn't say Red Lion; he said Red Loin. I took that to be some place where your loins get red. Maybe some kinky place where you rub chili pepper on your crotch. :D

Now that's what I call 'hot action' ! :)

Although as trainee riff-raff, I don't often visit the establishment, I would agree that at some point the free-publicity ought to be backed-up by a little sponsorship money for TV. Play the Game Basil ! :D

Edited by Ricardo

He didn't say Red Lion; he said Red Loin. I took that to be some place where your loins get red. Maybe some kinky place where you rub chili pepper on your crotch. :D

Although as trainee riff-raff, I don't often visit the establishment, I would agree that at some point the free-publicity ought to be backed-up by a little sponsorship money for TV. Play the Game Basil ! :D

if he was gettin a share of the google ads money his posts would have been top earners. theyll be inviting him back to boost the numbers again. always entertainning. 'free water' became a cult classic.

how many times has red Lion been mentioned since he was banned for saying it once.

is it safe? not tonight or tommorow.

Edited by november222

Not meaning to insult. Sorry.

if he was gettin a share of the google ads money his posts would have been top earners. theyll be inviting him back to boost the numbers again. always entertainning. 'free water' became a cult classic.

how many times has red Lion been mentioned since he was banned for saying it once.

The hypocrisy is astonishing. How many threads have been run by Mikes,Pinkies,Piggy's, Charlies, Miguel's, Dukes^3, and on and on and on, including some right now.Who the hel_l cares?

The hypocrisy is astonishing. How many threads have been run by Mikes,Pinkies,Piggy's, Charlies, Miguel's, Dukes^3, and on and on and on, including some right now.Who the hel_l cares?

red lion is always busy. maybe its jealousy.

He didn't say Red Lion; he said Red Loin. I took that to be some place where your loins get red. Maybe some kinky place where you rub chili pepper on your crotch. :)

Are you saying that if you waved a Red Lion (sorry red loin) cloth at a moderate level (sorry Mad Bull) would you find any Geckos trying to book their way to your Spicy areas or would the Dukes get up in Tuskers (sorry arms) and get on their 4 Wheels and provide a meal for you and I. Would they then get their Elite Agency trained dogs to find the naughty schoolboy and tell us all, after the Hunt is finished, just what Kevin did.

Is it now safe that Kevin is banned and if so can we find out how to ban other ‘criminals’ so that the streets can become even safer.

I have missed something!

I knew that Kevin Hunt had been banned but your post says that the Red Lion (sorry his restaurant) is banned.

What does this mean?

Will the streets be safer because we are banned now from visiting this slophouse gin shop run by stupid schoolboys, or banned for using the dreaded phrase ‘Red Lion’. Is this a masonic or TV password for safety in Ching Mai. If so we should, in all moderation, be informed now or be ban#ed for ever.

I have missed something!

I knew that Kevin Hunt had been banned but your post says that the Red Lion (sorry his restaurant) is banned.

What does this mean?

Will the streets be safer because we are banned now from visiting this slophouse gin shop run by stupid schoolboys, or banned for using the dreaded phrase 'Red Lion'. Is this a masonic or TV password for safety in Ching Mai. If so we should, in all moderation, be informed now or be ban#ed for ever.

It's safe.

That did it Squire. Yet another sneak reference to your shophouse cum grog shop. Warning after warning. Are you really that stupid ? BANNED

I'm not sure what a 'shophouse cum grog shop' is but I prefer to call it an English pub and restaurant. It sounds better.

Am I really that stupid? No. If you don't believe me, ask my Mum. She's the one that told me 'manners cost nothing' (we were poor).

Welcome back Mr. Hunt. Try to behave yourself! :D

It will be a little bit easier now - the ice isn't as thin and I don't need to be 'subliminal' (not that I ever was!).

To put this back on topic - Is it safe?

Not tonight. They're all well pissed as it is and they're handling fireworks.  :)

I'm hiding in-doors with the dogs, but I do have to pop my head in later.

Y'all say howdy :D to our new sponsor, RED LION PUB

Well Played, Sir ! :)

I look forward to supporting your establishment shortly, are trainee riff-raff permitted to sit outside, if we don't see the sign ? And I look forward even more to your renewed posts, they add colour to the chit-chat, on our forum. Welcome Back ! :D

Back to topic...

I generally think Chiang Mai is a pretty safe place... but...

A friend of our from NZ was whacked around the head with a chunk of four by two by some louts on motorbikes (five years ago) .... and about six years ago our mere baan was chased home at night by a bunch of guys on motor bikes.. I stupidly ran outside with a hammer, not quite sure what I would have done if they were still there... then of course David Crisp was murdered at the beginning of this year...just a few examples... our teenaged son (17) could tell a few tales about places around the place and how they keep away from certain of them, and how even the guys in their group of friends don't go to the loo on their own...

but... I still love Chiang Mai, I feel fine going out at night (even though I always check my car before getting into it)... and I think it's safer than many parts of Auckland City where I come from...

Don't think I'd chose to live anywhere else - but Chiang Mai would of course be perfect if it was only near the ocean... ah :)

How about this (from: http://www.catholicnews.com/data/stories/cns/0803620.htm ): Per capita, Vatican City has the highest crime rate in the world. :)

More information here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Vatican_City

/ Priceless

Ah, but you are talking about a country with Italians the Mafia aren't you? And, Catholicism is a crime in any case. :D

You'll find crime in ANY city if you go looking for it. Even small towns have their problems. If someone is continually worried about safety then they better go visit a shrink for their problem.

It baffles me that anybody would want to go anywhere near the night bazaar - no accounting for taste.

Foxy lady anyone?

As regards safety - where are these iffy areas Mr. Paggai? A definitive geography of danger may well be of interest to residents of CM.

I'm visiting Norwich (England) now, and have re-learnt the feelings of insecurity that arise when using an ATM, for example.

I avoid the areas where one may well get a slapping at night. Or a knifing, come to that.

CM has been a relaxing experience for me, so far. But I do try to avoid expats...

As regards safety - where are these iffy areas Mr. Paggai? A definitive geography of danger may well be of interest to residents of CM.

Firstly, I think some in this thread have been getting me wrong. I actually think CM is a relatively safe place for Farangs; indeed safer than many places in the west, including Norwich :D But the same is not true for many locals, which was my point.

Like any city CM has its nice, not so nice, and down right dodgy areas. But one should be vigilant anywhere, saying this is a "Safe area" invites a false sense of security. But since you asked........

iffy areas: I guess others can add to this list but, generally, in my opinion (and mainly for Thai people late at night), much of Tambon Chang Puek, except maybe for the areas immediately adjacent to Huay Kaew. Particularly the Sois, around Thanin Market, Santitham, Wat Jed Yot and Chang Puek Soi 4 (near the Tessabaan especially - though some may quite like the "attractions" there :D ). Big late night venues such as Differ or Xanta. Tambon Sripum. around Wat Ku Tao, all the Muan Dam Pra Kot area and around Rajapat; also the whole Kamtieng area. Some of the areas off the Mae Rim and Mae jo roads, north of the Superhighway (those with lots of cheap rooming houses). The area south of the moat/Pratu Chiang Mai, especailly between Suriwongs and Siridonchai rd. Chiang Mai Land, after dark. I could go on but......

Though the most dangerous place for a Farang is still Spicy at 4 a.m. :)